Bad AC contractors - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    from my field experience with goodman equipment...the fault is with the installer NOT removing the shraeders when installing. I highly doubt someone would waste a full tank of 22 at the price its going for right now. Heat makes rubber (IE. Seals) melt, which in turn causes a leak. At 8pm your lucky you got someone to come out at all. be thankful for what you have now. The gurgling on a non-TXV system is normal. the temp drop across the coils is lacking slightly but give the guy a break. newborn + working a full day + dealing with a call a 8 PM = he hasnt slept. he should have vacummed it down. but hey, ya got cold air.

Aww this guy is just trolling to see how manny raises he can get.

That amonunt of gas allegedly dumped and the lack of a torch to repair the leak would suggest somone trying to make a story plausible. We all know what comes of firing up a torch with HCFC in the air. This guy knows if he brought up a torch his story would be dead in the water.

This thread should be closed IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by spymoocow View Post
    he should have vacuumed it down. but hey, ya got cold air.
    He might have done it the Hillbilly way . You know , purge it through the lines . Why not ? As long as your wasting a thirty pounder .

All the Mountain Williams I know have pumps.

Quote Originally Posted by Argetni View Post
    Backstory:

4. Opened up the fitting on both charged units dumping R22 into my home and outside. I said "I do not think the EPA would approve of that" and the guy just smiled.
    So what was your question after you watched this go on? If he will violate federal mandate for profit and convenience, you have no prayer to come out okay on this.

You watched him dump R22 to the environment against federal law and just grin.

What was your question again?

OK . Please excuse me , as I'm not politically correct . Ever!

Quote Originally Posted by gator8 View Post
    So what was your question after you watched this go on? If he will violate federal mandate for profit and convenience, you have no prayer to come out okay on this.

There is no question. This guy is just a chronic complainer/troll.

Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    OK . Please excuse me , as I'm not politically correct . Ever!
    Either am I. Just thought it was worth a laugh.

We call it a Tennesee Purge. I still say even a hack isn't going to waste gas like that at the current price.

Quote Originally Posted by hvaclover View Post
    This guy is just a chronic complainer/troll.
    Question to the Moderator:

Why aren’t the forum rules regarding courtesy enforced or at least stated in these instances? The OP seems sincere and is being pounced upon for no reason. At least a warning would be in order, IMO.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by hvaclover View Post
    Either am I. Just thought it was worth a laugh.

We call it a Tennesee Purge. I still say even a hack isn't going to waste gas like that at the current price.
    My thoughts exactly .

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post

Why aren’t the forum rules regarding courtesy enforced or at least stated in these instances? The OP seems sincere and is being pounced upon for no reason. At least a warning would be in order, IMO.

Brian
    If the OP would have asked a DIY question, the thread would have been closed ASAP. Some forum rules are enforced, some are not. "Pouncing" seems to be very common, especially if the poster does not have pro status. That doesn't matter to me, I can pounce with the best of them

Quote Originally Posted by gator8 View Post

I agree that is why I have hired the top HVAC company in the area to come out and give me an estimate on repair and or replacement. I am actually afraid to call back these guy's and take them up on there 1yr "guarantee", i am afraid they may blow up the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post

Brian

Thanks Brian. i am sure what I saw would be hard to believe if you did not see it with your own eyes.

The guy told me he pays under two hundred for a 30lb tank at the local supply house. He more than triples his money on it, so why not waste it.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast