Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Somebodies off his meds again.
    Oh, stop being so up tight beenthere. You party with the best of us.

Only with cause.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Only with cause.
    If you need a cause to party then YOu are off your meds

I musta missed something . How are the guys that just came out to repair these units bad contractors ? Hard to believe they'd just vent 30 lbs of refrigerant . Somebody else said it too , could it have been Nitrogen ? Yes they should have pulled a vacuum , but at midnight , let's cut them a little slack .

Quote Originally Posted by hvaclover View Post
    If you need a cause to party then YOu are off your meds
    I'm a social drinker.

9 weeks since I was social.
    Contractor locator map

I'm a social drinker.

9 weeks since I was social.

well then time to become social again

Quote Originally Posted by tinknocker service tech View Post
    well then time to become social again
    I might tonight.
    Contractor locator map

Quote Originally Posted by tinknocker service tech View Post
    i do apoligize since this is the case. was a rough day yesterday.... I dout the epa would do anything because your word agaist thiers but doesnt make it ok.
    yes they got you cool but there is no excuse for thier ethics.

replacing brand new units is not smart even if you can afford it.
    if you do donate those to someone that needs ac and cannot afford it

your problem isnt the brand it is the install. Were te leaks found time will tell

where in jersey are you i may know a company in your eara
    Thanks, I am in Mahwah, NJ.

I do not plan on replacing equipment, but every company I have called have groaned when I mention I have goodman equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by hvaclover View Post
    I don't see any body dumping 16 lbs of r22, not when they can pump it over in less time then it takes to recover it. Especially at 8 in the evening.

It seems you have some unusually high expectations that cross over into unrealistic.

Maybe theses guys weren't charm school grads but you come across a hard to please.

My dad told me once that "Some folks would b!tch if they were hung with a 24krt gold rope".

They did dump 16 lbs or so of R22. They did not use a pump, just a 30lb tank of R22. I picked it up and read the label. I was with them the entire time they worked, I am sure they hated that. I know I hate it when people watch my every move when I am at work and ask lots of questions.

I do not even have high expectations at all, I have lived long enough to learn that one must lower their expectations or go through life unsatisfied. I do however expect "epa certified" techs to follow the rules at least.

The main thing is right now I am sitting in a nice cool 73 degree room with the AC on. Register is showing 59.8 with 75 at the return.

Even if you had a video of them dumping what you thought was 22 , how can you prove what was in the jug ??

Quote Originally Posted by Argetni View Post
    They did dump 16 lbs or so of R22. They did not use a pump, just a 30lb tank of R22. I picked it up and read the label. I was with them the entire time they worked, I am sure they hated that. I know I hate it when people watch my every move when I am at work and ask lots of questions.

I do not even have high expectations at all, I have lived long enough to learn that one must lower their expectations or go through life unsatisfied. I do however expect "epa certified" techs to follow the rules at least.

The main thing is right now I am sitting in a nice cool 73 degree room with the AC on. Register is showing 59.8 with 75 at the return.
    And how do you know it was 16 lbs? I don't believe at today's prices even the worst hack would just allow 16 lbs of 22 to go into the air.

I sure hope it wasn't a confined space cause that much gas would be enough to displace oxygen.

You said they used some kind of epoxy to fix the leak? Seems a little convenient since they dumped 16 lbs and didn't use a torch to braze the leak.

Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    Even if you had a video of them dumping what you thought was 22 , how can you prove what was in the jug ??
    In that case, you don't have to prove what was in the jug.
    Illegal to refill them with anything. So to get out of one offense, they would have to bne guilty of another offense.

officer, I can prove I didn't rob that bank. I was robbing a jewlry store when it wa being robbed.
    Contractor locator map

A lot of people think you can just call the EPA and they will rush right out . Not . It's almost impossible to prosecute on something like this . It can be done , but not easily . When's the last time you've heard about someone getting tagged by the EPA ? It's been a long time for me .

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast