Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bad AC contractors

Post Likes
    Aww this guy is just trolling to see how manny raises he can get.

That amonunt of gas allegedly dumped and the lack of a torch to repair the leak would suggest somone trying to make a story plausible. We all know what comes of firing up a torch with HCFC in the air. This guy knows if he brought up a torch his story would be dead in the water.

This thread should be closed IMHO
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by spymoocow View Post
    he should have vacuumed it down. but hey, ya got cold air.
    He might have done it the Hillbilly way . You know , purge it through the lines . Why not ? As long as your wasting a thirty pounder .

Post Likes
    All the Mountain Williams I know have pumps.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Argetni View Post
    Backstory:

4. Opened up the fitting on both charged units dumping R22 into my home and outside. I said "I do not think the EPA would approve of that" and the guy just smiled.
    So what was your question after you watched this go on? If he will violate federal mandate for profit and convenience, you have no prayer to come out okay on this.

You watched him dump R22 to the environment against federal law and just grin.

What was your question again?

Post Likes
    OK . Please excuse me , as I'm not politically correct . Ever!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gator8 View Post
    So what was your question after you watched this go on? If he will violate federal mandate for profit and convenience, you have no prayer to come out okay on this.

There is no question. This guy is just a chronic complainer/troll.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    OK . Please excuse me , as I'm not politically correct . Ever!
    Either am I. Just thought it was worth a laugh.

We call it a Tennesee Purge. I still say even a hack isn't going to waste gas like that at the current price.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvaclover View Post
    This guy is just a chronic complainer/troll.
    Question to the Moderator:

Why aren’t the forum rules regarding courtesy enforced or at least stated in these instances? The OP seems sincere and is being pounced upon for no reason. At least a warning would be in order, IMO.

Brian

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvaclover View Post
    Either am I. Just thought it was worth a laugh.

We call it a Tennesee Purge. I still say even a hack isn't going to waste gas like that at the current price.
    My thoughts exactly .

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post

Why aren’t the forum rules regarding courtesy enforced or at least stated in these instances? The OP seems sincere and is being pounced upon for no reason. At least a warning would be in order, IMO.

Brian
    If the OP would have asked a DIY question, the thread would have been closed ASAP. Some forum rules are enforced, some are not. "Pouncing" seems to be very common, especially if the poster does not have pro status. That doesn't matter to me, I can pounce with the best of them

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gator8 View Post

I agree that is why I have hired the top HVAC company in the area to come out and give me an estimate on repair and or replacement. I am actually afraid to call back these guy's and take them up on there 1yr "guarantee", i am afraid they may blow up the house.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post

Brian

Thanks Brian. i am sure what I saw would be hard to believe if you did not see it with your own eyes.

The guy told me he pays under two hundred for a 30lb tank at the local supply house. He more than triples his money on it, so why not waste it.

Post Likes

The guy told me he pays under two hundred for a 30lb tank at the local supply house. He more than triples his money on it, so why not waste it.
    I can think of one reason . It's ILLEGAL !!

Post Likes
    I can think of one reason . It's ILLEGAL !!
    Oh yes I agree, but that did not seem to phase him.

Post Likes
    Oh yes I agree, but that did not seem to phase him.
    Does this guy even have a contractors license ? My take on this is you probably got hooked up with some speed tweekers . Late hours , garbage work , venting to the atmosphere , no vacuum pump, no torch , and I'm sure there's more .

Post Likes
    Does this guy even have a contractors license ? My take on this is you probably got hooked up with some speed tweekers . Late hours , garbage work , venting to the atmosphere , no vacuum pump, no torch , and I'm sure there's more .
    LOL the one guy did smoke like 20 cigs in the time they were there...I am still picking up the butts from my lawn. They had a license # on their bill and their truck had the company name on it. I found them in the phonebook, full page $1500/month ad.

Post Likes
    LOL the one guy did smoke like 20 cigs in the time they were there...I am still picking up the butts from my lawn. They had a license # on their bill and their truck had the company name on it. I found them in the phonebook, full page $1500/month ad.
    Don't know your location but , here in Houston a full page add is closer to 9500 a month . Is that license # a valid one ? Tell us you didn't pay him in cash .

Post Likes
    Don't know your location but , here in Houston a full page add is closer to 9500 a month . Is that license # a valid one ? Tell us you didn't pay him in cash .
    Funny enough I did not pay him at all yet. I had some money in escrow and i am waiting for the lawyer to release it to pay him.

I just spoke with the Lawyer and they are sending out the check today. At least none of the money came out of my pocket. I thought it was pretty nice of the guy to do the (shotty)work and not get a dime on the spot.

Post Likes
    Sounds like he's a sub contractor (not that there's anything wrong with that) So he probably got paid . What a can of worms this is . Good luck with this mess .

Post Likes
    Sounds like he's a sub contractor (not that there's anything wrong with that) So he probably got paid . What a can of worms this is . Good luck with this mess .
    Thank you. This guy is actually the owner of the "company"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in