Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need your thoughts.....

Post Likes

Need your thoughts.....

We live an over an hour from denver. denver is the only place I can rent busses from. So they would have to drive 1½ hours to pick us up. Then drive us right back up there to play a few hours, then drive us back to Ft Morgan, and then drive back home to Denver. My guess is this will be a very expensive mode of travel. I checked Amtrac. Theyre no help. Do we drive? Or would it be OK to spend $30-40 apeice for a safe ride?
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Post Likes
    Sounds cheaper than a DUI . Hell I can have fun in Ft. Morgan itself. Denver is neat but not a must go for me at least. I'm easy as far as enjoying the visit
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpb2 View Post
    Sounds cheaper than a DUI . Hell I can have fun in Ft. Morgan itself. Denver is neat but not a must go for me at least. I'm easy as far as enjoying the visit
    I second that.

Post Likes
    Thats a thought I hadn't had yet. We could do a BBQ at a ????? local place. I have a price coming right up on a 32 pass. Mini-Bus. How many people usually come to these har con-ven-shuns? I've been to um but never really spent much time counting people.
    Last edited by spotts; 06-04-2008 at 05:14 PM.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Post Likes
    No idea on a count of folks. Does Ft. Morgan have tittie bars ? lol. Don't stress over anything Jack. We can have fun anywhere.
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.

Post Likes
    No we DONT! have tiddy bars.

I just got the bus quote. $1,149.oo for 32 people, or $36. a piece.
    Walter Matthau

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by spotts View Post
    No we DONT! have tiddy bars.

I just got the bus quote. $1,149.oo for 32 people, or $36. a piece.
    Geez, When you get the Contracting Business' check for a $500. hundred buck donation from Mike Weil we can easily afford the bus.

Post Likes
    You have to have a bbq Jack. I mean come you ARE in beef country !! If there was a choice between one or hte other I would rather do the bbq with a few coolers of beer .

Post Likes
    36.00 each is no biggie to go to Denver safe. Just wanted to let you know it matters little if I go as I have been there in the past.It may be important to the Yankees They dont get out much For 136.00 can we bring the tiddie dancers to Ft. Morgan ? As before dont sweat it.

Post Likes
    I will most likely rent a car. Now if I was retired and had my school bus, I could make some money. Then Jeff, refer, and I could go to the tiddie bars in Denver!

South/West of Quebec in the other part of Canada
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by spotts View Post
    How many people usually come to these har con-ven-shuns? I've been to um but never really spent much time counting people.
    Thats because you were counting blades of grass.
    It's Time To Be Nice To People

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by key View Post
    Thats because you were counting blades of grass.
    Grass??? as in grass??? I see nothing.

Post Likes
    We are coming out a week early and stopping in Vegas to see my son and his wife for a couple days. Then we will drive to Denver and see the sights along the way. So I am good just to hang out in Ft. Morgan.
    We're doing it this way cause Claire has to go back to school that following week so we can't stay afterwards.
    Don't worry about a big tour set up or anything for us.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Post Likes
    I wouldn't worry about Denver. Those who want to see it can check in early and spend a day doing the tourist thing. If I come I would be there to see my friends, not the city.
    R2B4BTU

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by otto View Post
    I wouldn't worry about Denver. Those who want to see it can check in early and spend a day doing the tourist thing. If I come I would be there to see my friends, not the city.
    We are spending the week AFTER the convention in order to check out Denver etc. So again don't be hung up on seeing the Big City on our account. A sugar beet tour would be fine with us.

I am going to this convention just to make sure you boys don't get into trouble. Talking about that----Has anyone heard from Muskie lately????

Post Likes
    As foolish as this seems, is there a place to shoot clay birds close ? My thought is send the hens shopping and burn some powder. I will be willing to furnish a case of shells and a couple cases of birds. Gotta be a morning thing we got beer to drink later

Post Likes
    As foolish as this seems, is there a place to shoot clay birds close ? My thought is send the hens shopping and burn some powder. I will be willing to furnish a case of shells and a couple cases of birds. Gotta be a morning thing we got beer to drink later

Hmmmmm......BBQed clay birds and beers. Those girls won't know what they are missing.

Post Likes
    Never mind .Peta bay get mad. Some like golf I just enjoy shooting clays

Post Likes
    Never mind .Peta bay get mad. Some like golf I just enjoy shooting clays
    We won't need no golf, we won't need no clay birds, we won't need no stinking Denver. We will be in Ft. Morgan, Man!! We will have sugar beets and beer galore. I betcha you would want to go skiing in Las Vegas.

Post Likes
    O.K. you win Jerry we need little other than beer and companionship. As far as skiign goes you have seen how fit I am for that sport

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in