Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

My Ladder Is Driving Me Crazy!!!

What do you guys do to make your ladder not sound like a 300-passenger jet coming in for a landing while you're driving down the highway? There's got to be a better way than Great Stuff.... I can't even talk on the phone while I am driving over 30!!

Never had a problem with just spray foaming it with Great Stuff.

Never had that problem, and my big ladder is a 35'. Only problem I have
    is trying to stand it up by myself, it does not always do what I want.

my boss got us air dams for our roof rack. he got them out of the same book he gets all or shelving from. cannot remember the name of the cataloge. if i get to the shop tommorow i will post it.

Take plastic bags you get your parts in from SH's and stick in the holes.Then silcone them(the plastic bags gives the silcone something to stick to while it dries)and no more noise.I only have the first 4 rungs done.They are the only ones over the cab.

I agree

get something in them holes. I put media filter in mine. Its light, cheap, and easy to remove if needed for whatever reason.
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

Quote Originally Posted by iraqveteran View Post
    get something in them holes. I put media filter in mine. Its light, cheap, and easy to remove if needed for whatever reason.
    That stuff doesn't blow out?

i just turn the radio up

besides in a month it will be illegal to drive and talk on a callular phone in my state

well it has to be hands free and i ain't springing for the dorky ear peice
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

i filled mine with spray foam probably 15 yrs ago and spray painted over the foam to protect it.

pretty sure that thing caused some hearing loss at a certain range......

I have a Shu-Bee shoe cover stuffed in mine, works great and it matches the ladder.
    Karst means cave. So, I search for caves.

I dont have to worry with it anymore. I just replaced my old extension ladder. I bought the Werner Heavy duty 24' ladder(the yellow one). It doesnt have the holes in the sides. And it only cost about $90 more than the Orange one wit the holes.

Quote Originally Posted by nightranger121 View Post
    That stuff doesn't blow out?
    No. I crammed a big piece in to make sure of that.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    i just turn the radio up

besides in a month it will be illegal to drive and talk on a callular phone in my state

well it has to be hands free and i ain't springing for the dorky ear peice
    Its only illegal if you get caught. It aint gonna change nothin. The drivers around here are still gonna be morons. Taking their precious phone from there ear wont help.

Instead they will be trying to work the earpiece at 90mph. Taking it off their ear to figure it out, putting it back, still aint workin, take it back off............

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast