Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Can't help much without the basic measurements, like superheat subcooling and so forth. You should be able to vacuum it out after standing open, as long as you maintain low microns.

2. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post
    Post Likes
    I guess I could fix the leak and vacuum it, but will the oil still be good? it runs on R134, regular car a/c gas.

Once i fix it and re-fill it i will take measurements. I have access to low side only, and i can measure temperatures of any point in the system. I should measure temps before and after gas goes in/out of condenser and evap? should i measure temps going in and out of evap/cond air flow?

I learned most of this 2 yrs ago, kind of forgot about it by now...

thanks in advance

Post Likes
    What oil does it have, PAG, POE, PVE, etc? Some oils such as POE will disassociate when exposed to moisture, others will just absorb the moisture and offgas it again under low pressure.

Post Likes
    I'd use propane. But not the grill kind.
    This forum requires that you wait 20 seconds between posts. Please try again in 50 seconds.

Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears. "Don't be a sissy. Turn it on!"

Pecmsg - "NEST should only be used with 3-M filters to guarantee total destruction of the equipment!"

Poodle Head Mikey - "the world is well populated with the unknowing and the uncaring and the stupid."

Post Likes
    Buy a Mini Cooper convertible with a/c and call it a day.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

7. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post
    Post Likes
    That’s a water coil, not a refrigerant evaporator coil. What kind of metering device do you have?
    The 2nd most important amendment is to protect the 1st...

Free Air Conditioner Sizing Chart

Post Likes
    i know yall moved on from it, but i am working on a solid state cooling suite. from small scale experiments i will say it definitely can work!

using a 8amp chip in 80F room i have been able to cool myself and reach 68f water (after 2 hours).
    my new shipment got here yesterday. I'm going for 25 feet of silicone tubing for my suite.
    the goal is to have a portable unit that can allow me to be outside doing light labor and feel like its a cool fall day

if anyone wants to compare notes feel free to ask.

Post Likes
    I wonder if you could concentrate the actual cooling to parts of the body with large arteries/veins - such as the Wrists, thighs, or neck, then the body's circulatory system will do much of the work for you.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I did try that as well!

I had a all metal water block I put on the large vain to ur legs. I defiantly felt a little cooler but it was too intense for such a small area. also close to another sensitive area.

is that tubing in ur pocket? or are you just happy to see me?

wearing something on my wrists wouldn't be any good either, I don't work as a hvac tech but I'm sure u understand.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    Buy a Mini Cooper convertible with a/c and call it a day.
    I have one. The roadster wasnt made after 2013. I think there are other larger versions of minis that have a retractable roof.
    This forum requires that you wait 20 seconds between posts. Please try again in 50 seconds.

Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears. "Don't be a sissy. Turn it on!"

Pecmsg - "NEST should only be used with 3-M filters to guarantee total destruction of the equipment!"

Poodle Head Mikey - "the world is well populated with the unknowing and the uncaring and the stupid."

Post Likes
    I'm going to guess it uses PAG oil. Should i vacuum it? should I heat the entire unit and then vacuum it? If i need to flush it, how do i flush the compressor?

Quote Originally Posted by R123 View Post
    That’s a water coil, not a refrigerant evaporator coil. What kind of metering device do you have?
    I have a capillary tube, of " Capillary Copper Tube ID * L(mm): 0.6*2.5 " but I have since cut it shorter.

The evaporator is indeed a water coil, but its no different than a refrigerant coil, its positioned vertical, so the gas must flow upwards trough the coils. Its all i can get my hands on for now.

Post Likes
    Hello everyone, I have an update:

So I managed to find the leak near the evaporator and now the system is tight. I also replaced the oil with ester, since other similar products use it too.

I made an extended run, and I added refrigerant until I thought it was good enough. These are the specs I'm able to get.

At Compressor MAX and Evap fan in medium air flow.
    High side pressure= 1Mpa (145 psi), 43C~(109F)
    High side out gas temp ( taken at end of dryer filter, where capillary begins) 100F

Low side pressure= 0.35Mpa (50.7 psi), 12C~(53f)
    Low side out gas temp ( about 1 inch of pipe out of evap) 64.6F

Ambient air=82F
    Air coming out of evap= 73~74.5F (Ignore heatsink next to Evap, it was not used to gather the data during the test)

I believe my capillary is too short, something is not right. Anyone care to help?

My Room is a mess I know...

Post Likes
    High side out gas temp ( taken at end of dryer filter, where capillary begins)???
    Low aide out gas temp???
    The 2nd most important amendment is to protect the 1st...

Free Air Conditioner Sizing Chart

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast