Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wolfers Stuffed Jalepeno's

Depending on the crowd size.

20 Jalapenos
    Cream Cheese 24 oz should be enough
    enough bacon to wrap 40 jalepeno half's. usually 3 packs.
    BBQ sauce
    wooden skewers

Start your prep time early. These take awhile to prep and cook.
    Half and gut all the jalapenos. You will end up with 40. Wash and clean them.
    Start filling the inside with the cream cheese. then wrap one piece of bacon completely around the jalapeno. Then insert onto skewer. You can fit 6 to 8 on one skewer
    (I have at times inserted food items into the cream cheese before the bacon such as tiny shrimp.)

Now this is the hard part.
    The best way to do this is smoke them slow and low.

I only have at the moment a gas grill and have learned how to smoke on it.

The trick is to smoke it enough to where the bacon is fully cooked (this may require some turning of the Jalapeno's). the jalapenos should end up soft. the best way to check this is to take a skewer and if it slides through your jalapeno, then its good.

About this time you want to slap some BBQ sauce on both sides and let it candy for about 5 minutes.

Take it out and dip in ranch or BBQ sauce and be the life of the party for years to come.

You can thank me later.

Have any questions PM me.

Wolfer

I might just have to try this one... I love jalepeno's

You're right!! Something that labor intensive I would rather buy in a frozen box.

Why don't you start a mail order house, on line??? I'll buy some off of you.

Ive made a version of this same popper for years. http://www.hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthr...ht=firecracker

Mine are easy, and damn tasty. Another cool Jalapeno flavor is take raw ones and fill um with peanut butter. Thats it. Damn them 2 tastes go together well.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

I'll have to give both of these a try this weekend at the inlaws.

Ya ever put habanero sauce
    in your deviled eggs? That surprises people. Now I put a pickled Jalapeno slice on top as a warning.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

I guess i must be getting hungry, going to have to stop to the store on the way homen to pick up something to drink and some jalepeno's to go with the antolope steaks i took out of the freezer this morning.

I'm salivating fellow's, thanks for some good ideas. I've planted 15 pepper plants and that will fit in for some good eating
    You don't have to ASK

What I'm Against...

If you know what

I'm For...

I saw a rack in Williams Sonoma that will cradle a bunch of the little buggers upright on a grill. I may have to get one now.

I'm not a cream cheese fan so I would use jack cheese, maybe with some crumbled bacon mixed in.

Nice recipe though Wolf, the smoking is an inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by forged alloy View Post
    I saw a rack in Williams Sonoma that will cradle a bunch of the little buggers upright on a grill. I may have to get one now.

I'm not a cream cheese fan so I would use jack cheese, maybe with some crumbled bacon mixed in.

Nice recipe though Wolf, the smoking is an inspiration

I would like to see that rack. uuh what were we talking about again?

yea, I have made the mistake of stepping away from the grill and my neighbors pulling them off to early. If the Jalapeños are crunchy then they are not ready. Like I said, for a perfect stuffed jalapeño, it has to be fully cooked soft. It is really good.

Let me know if anyone cooks them and how it turns out.

Thanks for the replies.

Quote Originally Posted by benncool View Post
    You're right!! Something that labor intensive I would rather buy in a frozen box.

Why don't you start a mail order house, on line??? I'll buy some off of you.
    Anything you buy in a frozen box would never ever relate to what these turn out to be. Its like buying frozen white castles, its not the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfer View Post
    I would like to see that rack. uuh what were we talking about again?.
    Try this link:

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/produ...pper%20RstrBTN

I just ordered one - You made me hungry!

Thumbs up

I made these stuffed jalapenos with maple smoked bacon, and they were GREAT! I usually split the jalapenos long way and stuff with cream cheese mixture. I like the stand up recipe better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast