bought a new grill

i went to lowes to buy one of those massive stainless steel grills.

i left with a weber charcol kettle grill. a exact replacement for my 15 year old weber that has served me well, but is beyond repair.

i can't seem to make the switch to gas. besides the 500 dollar price difference will buy alot of charcol.

since they stopped using lava rock in gas grills they just don't seem to cook the same.
    IV IV IX

use your head for something other than a hat rack.......Gerry

i just put together and cured the grill i got for my B-day.

twin chamber charcoal grill from Sam's club.

seems like its built pretty decent, i guess time will tell.........

Nice work VICE! You wont be sorry with that Weber Charcoal. Gassers just don't get it. Your right its just not the same.

Bodeen

Quote Originally Posted by bodeen View Post
    Nice work VICE! You wont be sorry with that Weber Charcoal. Gassers just don't get it. Your right its just not the same.

Bodeen
    I agree. Gas just doesn't get hot enough or add the same flavor.

there aint nuttin better then a weber lol, you cant beat the taste of a burger from a charcol grill

after 15 years with a natural gas unit, bought a weber kettle this week. the gas job is a bear to keep lit in windy conditions. any hints getting my feet 'rewet' ?

shape coals in a piramid and give it a good squirt let them burn till good and white, spread them out and get cookin......

or buy one of the starter chimneys, i bought one but have not tried it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by heavymetaldad View Post
    after 15 years with a natural gas unit, bought a weber kettle this week. the gas job is a bear to keep lit in windy conditions. any hints getting my feet 'rewet' ?
    Hot and cold zones, one for seering and one for slow cooking.

Put the starter fluid in the trash! Get a Weber charcoal chimney, not the other cheap brand that Lowes sells. The Weber works alot better than the cheaper off brand. If one were to buy the off brand and use it on the range for target practice it will work much better. 9mm was my choice but .45 would be great too!
    Put the amount of coal you need in the chimney and put two pieces of newspaper underneath, light it and walk away. It will be ready in no time. Going this route you can dump the coals in a little early and start cooking if you need to, because you are not using that stinky starter fluid.
    I have a screened in porch that I cook in. The ashes from the newspaper end flying around and making a mess. I use two paper towels and a tablespoon or so of cooking oil. A lot less ash involved. I use the crappy oil somebody invariably gets me for Christmas that is flavored in some ways that cant be described. Works great for starting the coals!

My.02

Bodeen