Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 39
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    40

    Honeywell IAQ Thermostat Dehumidity Question

    Just had my new Lennox Hybrid Fuel system installed.

    Variable Speed 80% Gas Furnace (model G60UHV60C100)
    XP19 4 ton Heat Pump 18 SEER (model XP19-048-230)
    5 ton coil (model C60D44+TDR)
    Pureair Media Air Cleaner
    Honeywell Vision Pro IAQ with sensor
    April Air 600 Humidifier

    The fan setting is set to “on”. The system setting is set to “auto”. Cooling temp target is 72* and has been met and the fan speed is now very slow. Yet, my humidity level over the last 12 hours in the house has stayed the same in spite of the settings above. The house feels sticky and feels higher than the 43% shown on the screen. According to the weather service the outside humidity is currently 73%.

    When I look at the thermostat screen for humidity control, I see the current inside “humidity”(43%), I see the Auto or Off option arrows. But my only adjustment choice above the arrow set points for desired humidity is for “Humidifier”, not dehumidify. The IAQ manual shows the word “Dehumidify” above the set point arrows, where my only option when cooling is “Humidifier”. Is that right? Shouldn’t it say “Dehumidify”? If I lower the humidity set point to (35%), is the system trying to hit that target via A/C or is something amiss?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lancaster PA
    Posts
    67,770
    Push the more button again, it will go to the duhumitify screen.
    Contractor locator map

    How-to-apply-for-Professional

    How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lancaster PA
    Posts
    67,770
    PS: Set the fan to circ, instead of on, you may find that works better also.
    Contractor locator map

    How-to-apply-for-Professional

    How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Push the more button again, it will go to the duhumitify screen.
    I pressed the "more" button several times, it just takes me through the cycle of filter reminder screens. No "dehumidify" shows up...ever

    I called the install company. They said the thermostat will not show "dehumidify" since I do not have dehumidifier installed. They said the system will still dehumidify through the coil when it is calling for cooling and that it will cool the house up to three degrees more than the set point to help achieve the desired humidity level set on the thermostat.

    OK. but why can't the thermostat say "dehumidify" instead of "humidify" when setting the desired level.

    Sound legit?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Burleson, Texas
    Posts
    1,741
    IMO- You might have setup issues with the tstat and/or equipment..

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lancaster PA
    Posts
    67,770
    Not if it is disabled. Apparently, they have it disabled. They must have left it set to "dehumidification control" none. Which is ISU 379 set to zero.
    You should have asked them how can it over cool to dehumidify if you can't set RH% for it to know when the humidity is too high.
    Call them back and ask them to come out and set the stat up, and ask them if they have it wired to slow the blower down.
    They may not have it wired for it.
    Contractor locator map

    How-to-apply-for-Professional

    How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    4,615
    have the installer come back out and go through the installer setup step by step because if the dont have the dehumidify set correctly what else is not set corretly, hopefully they have wired correctly

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Rochester, MN
    Posts
    5,304
    sounds like you'll need to get the dealer back and check everything over.. The variable speed blower should be wired up to the DHUM set up on the IAQ, and as other said, turn the blower to AUTO or Circ... On makes it feel more humid.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Rochelle Il / Chicago
    Posts
    169
    You can set up the system to run a/c with lower fan speed when humidity is out of range or above set point and the speed up the fan once this is reached. I'm a Little unsure of your model # should be a g6ouhv60c110. why did they use a larger evep coil? i don't have a way to check specs tonight but if coil isn't recommended with the Xp19 ( A great unit by the way, I have a Xp15) I would be a Little concerned with that. In cases where humidity is a fact-ore I would recommend the humidatrole. I've installed this Lennox Dehumidifier on steroids and love it. You can see the humidity level in the house dropping at the stat. But this is a good investment. If system is running good and doing all it can, look @ the April Air house dehumidifier.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    40
    Despite the screen not saying "dehumidify", my new system, seems to be removing humidity well. The t-stat is set @40% and the target has been reached and maintained all day today. Outside humidity today was 78% and the hi temp was 84*...kinda sticky. I have the t-stat set to "on". So I wonder if it was dumb luck that it hit the humidity target cuz the system had to run a lot to day to maintain the air temp.

    I called my installer and he said, again, if you don't have a separate dehumidify, the IAQ screen is supposed to say “humidify” since I do have a separate April Air humidifier that it controls.

    Can anyone confirm this

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by tomgeer View Post
    You can set up the system to run a/c with lower fan speed when humidity is out of range or above set point and the speed up the fan once this is reached. I'm a Little unsure of your model # should be a g6ouhv60c110. why did they use a larger evep coil? i don't have a way to check specs tonight but if coil isn't recommended with the Xp19 ( A great unit by the way, I have a Xp15) I would be a Little concerned with that. In cases where humidity is a fact-ore I would recommend the humidatrole. I've installed this Lennox Dehumidifier on steroids and love it. You can see the humidity level in the house dropping at the stat. But this is a good investment. If system is running good and doing all it can, look @ the April Air house dehumidifier.
    I am not sure why he added a larger coil. I have the ARI number for the installed system and it uses the installed larger coil. So I assume that it is designed to work with the 4 ton HP and 4 ton furnace.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Rochester, MN
    Posts
    5,304
    Quote Originally Posted by thegov3 View Post

    I called my installer and he said, again, if you don't have a separate dehumidify, the IAQ screen is supposed to say “humidify” since I do have a separate April Air humidifier that it controls.

    Can anyone confirm this
    I have the IAQ on mine, and I have both screen, Humidify, and Dehumidify. You don't need a separate dehumidifier for this... It's wired to the board to slow down the blower to help remove the humidity.

    I still advise you to turn the fan from ON to Auto or Circ.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by mayguy View Post
    I have the IAQ on mine, and I have both screen, Humidify, and Dehumidify. You don't need a separate dehumidifier for this... It's wired to the board to slow down the blower to help remove the humidity.

    I still advise you to turn the fan from ON to Auto or Circ.
    Hmm? OK. I will try auto. Do you have a HP or A/C. Does it make a difference on the screen?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event