+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My 4 year old heat recovery pump magnet spinner broke - failure mode normal?

Post Likes

My 4 year old heat recovery pump magnet spinner broke - failure mode normal?

Hi;
    I have a heat recovery loop on my geothermal unit.
    Original installed 2002, in Jan-2011 the motor itself went bad so I got replacement from Milton Roy.

2 weeks ago I noticed the loop was not circulating, well it was noticed because the hot water ran out quicker, and when I went into the utility room then I noticed it.

My unit

taken from it's box

the cracked magnet spinner

4 years seems short life for the unit, is this abnormal failure mode?
    I've got inquiry to my sales contact at Milton Roy, just curious others experience.

Post Likes
    well; my response from Hartell did NOT make my day at all:
    From: GP MR Hartell Support [mailto:hartellsupport@miltonroy.com]
    Sent: Wednesday, March 11, 2015 4:10 PM
    To: Rosinski, Mike
    Subject: RE: need replace MD-17-1 for my 4 year old order placed with you (, order# xxxx)

Good afternoon,

I have forwarded your request to our engineering team to see if they have an explanation for why the magnet broke after 4 years of use. The manufacturer’s warranty on this model is 1 year.

Unfortunately these models were discontinued with no replacement in October of 2014 and we do not offer any replacements.

Thank you,
    Hartell Support

MILTON ROY, LLC
    Not happy - this model is "***OBSOLETE. NO SUGGESTED REPLACEMENT***
    MD-17-1"
    http://www.patriot-supply.com/produc...Hartell_802319

So, I'm off trying to find a replacement pump now that can be plumbed into the box.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in