Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: External Filter Rack held up with Tape ?????

Post Likes
    ya u do that good job Y MUST THERE BE ONE AHOLE ON EVERY FORUM WTF!!!

Post Likes
    Yes Dear

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by secureone View Post
    ya u do that good job Y MUST THERE BE ONE AHOLE ON EVERY FORUM WTF!!!
    Relax skippy.

TDW is correct. We don't want the company's name posted here. We're not about ragging individual companies.

You got your answer.

BTW...

There's more than one Ahole here.

Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jrbenny View Post
    Relax skippy.

TDW is correct. We don't want the company's name posted here. We're not about ragging individual companies.

You got your answer.

BTW...

There's more than one Ahole here.

Skippy????????? Did I disrespect U? please try not to refer to me with your own pet names. As I think that is immature my friend.

Post Likes
    Skippy????????? Did I disrespect U? please try not to refer to me with your own pet names. As I think that is immature my friend.
    Quit while you still can . You got an answer you didn't like and resorted to name calling first . I think that's immature Skipper.

Post Likes
    done

Post Likes

thanks

just wanted to say thank you to everyone who responded to my question with an answer or an opinion

Post Likes
    With the cost of material now days you have to save where you can. They were only trying to save the company a quarter.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by forcryinoutloud View Post
    With the cost of material now days you have to save where you can. They were only trying to save the company a quarter.
    I don't think so . If we deal with the facts, things are different. The office really doesn't know how the installers did this job , unless they send someone to inspect the job before the customer signs the check . Do I think this was an acceptable job ? No way. Would I leave a job in that condition ? No way . I'm trying to stress , give the owner / operator a chance to look and make it right . Could be somebody could loose their job over this .I don't know if it's a five minute job or an eight hour operation . Work with the contractor , not against him .

Post Likes
    No, but you have attempted to disrespect a member of the HVAC community.

It will not be tolerated here, user name secureone.

Your next argumentative post will be the last on this discussion forum.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    I don't think so . If we deal with the facts, things are different. The office really doesn't know how the installers did this job , unless they send someone to inspect the job before the customer signs the check . Do I think this was an acceptable job ? No way. Would I leave a job in that condition ? No way . I'm trying to stress , give the owner / operator a chance to look and make it right . Could be somebody could loose their job over this .I don't know if it's a five minute job or an eight hour operation . Work with the contractor , not against him .
    Just being a bit of a wise a$$. It is very possible that they taped it on and meant to securely fasten it with screws later and just plain forgot. It happens sometimes, you have alot to do in a short period of time and you may miss something like that (not that I have done it).

The installer would not notice that it was not screwed to the unit when he did his final walk through with the customer simply for the fact that you can't see them.

Post Likes
    I guess I'm going blind . Shouldn't the furnace - A/H be sitting on top of the filter rack ? Someone else asked and I will too , where does this unit draw return air from . If you can see it in the pictures , please tell me . I can't see it .

Post Likes
    I guess I'm going blind . Shouldn't the furnace - A/H be sitting on top of the filter rack ? Someone else asked and I will too , where does this unit draw return air from . If you can see it in the pictures , please tell me . I can't see it .
    Look at the pic in post #8, it is an open free draw return and pulls it through the louvered closet door.

Post Likes
    Looks like he removed it from the bottom in the picture (see the tape dangling from the right side). The door may have hinges and act as the return.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanHughes View Post
    Looks like he removed it from the bottom in the picture (see the tape dangling from the right side). The door may have hinges and act as the return.
    That's what I thought. WOW! I just re-read bmathews post . That unit is supported by what? I'm still not getting it . Sorry . I guess I just don't believe what I'm seeing , tell me it isn't so . If it is , I see at least one code violation .

Post Likes
    It is hanging on the closet wall. They either screwed the unit directly to the wall or used Z-brackets to hang it. It is/was unfortunately a very popular way to install air handlers in condos to save on cost.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by forcryinoutloud View Post
    It is hanging on the closet wall.
    So , all I can say again is WOW!!! That would have to be a first for me . I'd love to see how they hung that baby. Hard to believe that the tape held as long as it did. You'd have to think it was an oversight on the installers end . Would anybody knowingly do that ?

Post Likes
    Might have been an end of day thing. And the installer had plans that night and didn't want to be late.

Post Likes
    I can't see the installing company NOT fixing this problem , after they send someone to look at it . A handful of screws and it's history.

Post Likes
    So , all I can say again is WOW!!! That would have to be a first for me . I'd love to see how they hung that baby. Hard to believe that the tape held as long as it did. You'd have to think it was an oversight on the installers end . Would anybody knowingly do that ?
    I should have taken pictures of the system I put in today. Somebody installed a 5 ton Goodman A/H and it looked to be on a stand. Got everything disconnected and attempted to pull the unit from the stand, wouldn't budge. Start taking a closer look at it and found that they had screwed through the back of the cabinet and into the wall to hang this unit.

It looked like the stand was holding the unit up, but once the unit was down I could see that the stand was only ductboard covered by 1/2" plywood. No internal framing.

Looks much better now with the insulated sheet metal stand that actually supports the A/H.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in