Variable Speed Blower Problem

Hello,

I am new to this forum and was wondering if someone could answer a few questions for me.

Several months ago I replaced my 29 year old GE Heater/CA Unit with a
    Payne Model PG9MTAV 92% Efficient Furnace w/ 14 SEER 3.5 Ton Condenser.
    The furnace is equipped with a variable speed blower, when the installer fired up the heat I noticed te blower would slowly ramp up and run at full speed then cycle back down when the desired was reached in the house. My question is should the blower being running at full speed on a consistant basis? I was under the impression the blower will run at a much slower speed and infrequently on very cold days run at full speed. If that's the case what is required to make this adjustment?

One other questions
    The PVC Pipe vented to the outside is directing the exhaust gas directly at the the A/C Condenser and noticed on damp days condensation is building up on the condenser finish Will this cause a problem? Should this exhaust be redirected away from the condenser?

Thanks and look forward to a response...

Regarding the VS blower, the installer may have set the stat at a high enough temp. above room temp to force the furnace into 100% speed. Try setting the stat at a degree above room temp and see if it stays on low. What type (brand,model) of stat might help those with more knowledge help on this.

I would think the exhaust shouldn't dump on the condenser. Call the installation co. and ask them to come take a look at it. Can you post a picture of it?

I hope someone who knows more will post as my knowledge is limited and there is a wealth of knowledge from the pro's on this forum.

No, it shouldn't go to full speed every cycle. He may not have it set to use teh thermostat to control staging, call him back.
    No, blowering the exhaust directly on teh OD unit is not good, and can cause damage.
    Call him back.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

What kind of damage?

Corrosion of the coils. It can cause the coil to leak.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?