Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Delta T

You have to do a Wire Nut Reunion Tour!
    Experience is what you have an hour after you need it.

Quote Originally Posted by baub View Post
    From Cracker-
    So we can take It that the, discharge water goes down the drain, a one shot deal??...

__________________________________________________ ____________

That's right... two things we have in Western New York... lots of water and A$$hole politicians. Vote for Hillary... get her out of New York and let the rest of the country suffer with us.
    Here we have water police......They look at every commercial buildings water bill, and a computer will kick out a building with a higher number than what was allow for.
    They will shut of the water and make the owner tract the problem, or they enter the building and find It them selfs.
    Refrigeration...Finding the Wright Wrench to pound in the correct..Screw

With all that fresh water always coming into that tower, does that fan ever run?

Quote Originally Posted by cracker View Post
    Here we have water police......They look at every commercial buildings water bill, and a computer will kick out a building with a higher number than what was allow for.
    They will shut of the water and make the owner tract the problem, or they enter the building and find It them selfs.
    And you say it's a FREE country?

You pay the water bill, but you can only buy so much water or we will cut you off...... boy I'm just PROUD to be an american.

BTW, I like the repair. I would have never thought about going that route, but then again, I am a residential technician who knows nothing about these type of systems. Pretty cool stuff. Keep up the good work!
    Last edited by ct_hvac_tech; 06-12-2008 at 09:08 PM.

Funny Follow-up...

Two days after I finished the fix, I get a call from the maintenance supervisor, no cooling on the second floor. I can see the steam coming out of the phone, this guy is so PO'd.
    So I scoot over, find the chiller is just humming along. Go up to the second floor, and find one of the two main thermostats is set on heat, and two convector blowers were turned off.
    Unfortunately, I couldn't give the supervisor the news in person, just left a voice mail. I would have loved to hear or see his reaction!

new camera time

Quote Originally Posted by PaysonHVAC View Post
    Did I hear you say (in the video) That it was 50 years old??? WOW!

You should get a YOUTUBE account. Then we could trade comments back and forth on our videos. Your video came out pretty good. Are you using a Kodak? Sometimes I use my Palm Treo, but my good videos are from my Kodak.

And we though THIS cooling tower needed replacing soon, as the catwalk is rotted out to where we are standing on the ground and some of the internal cross bracing has rusted loose as well, making it fun to climb up to the motors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qp0uPmxLQpY

OK so I am thinking about getting a video camera any suggestions?
    "Do not let what you can't do interfere with what you can do"

"Do what you can do the best that it can be done and no one will ever know what you can't do"

That looked like a ballasted rubber roof that you could get relatively cheap some rubber roof material,adhesive and such to make a small "pool" around it and pump the water back in, then you don't have to lift it or patch it.
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, for the ungratefull, have done so much for so long with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Refrigeration is all the same weather your making Ice, refrigerating or freezing the product.

Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    That looked like a ballasted rubber roof that you could get relatively cheap some rubber roof material,adhesive and such to make a small "pool" around it and pump the water back in, then you don't have to lift it or patch it.
    LOL... There was enough water and dirt mixed up with the ballast, I thought about planting some sunflower seeds!

Twilli says why not
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

Quote Originally Posted by baub View Post
    LOL... There was enough water and dirt mixed up with the ballast, I thought about planting some sunflower seeds!

Sure Sure!! sunflower seeds he says
    "Do not let what you can't do interfere with what you can do"

"Do what you can do the best that it can be done and no one will ever know what you can't do"

Ya thats in sad shape, but as far as the acme goes we have 1 thats over 35 yrs old have had 1 compressor changed an the condensors..an still runs gr8...

Hey they pay there bills thats all that counts (Your the Boss Right)

Little duck tape and bailing wire (we all had one or two of those)
    But 50 other units and bigger fish to fry / etc

Sense there bean counters!!! Approach them with a payback energy contract or something similar that they may understand!

Might just have to say good by to your ugly step child then

For your first video you did a great job. Hollywood better watch out. You have a very still hand.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123