Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

mercury flame safety switch

Looking for a mercury flame safety switch a a reasonble price

good luck i think they are all gone now....

there are lternatives for this. Valve and pilot assembly changeouts for Hunters, CFM/Instaflame/Majestic and Napoloen models are available. If you contact with make and model I can help you find the part numbers.

Mercury Flame switch

Thanks for your reply, I was ablt to get a switch and have installed it over 6 months ago. All is good.thanks!!

Can you direct me to where I can ge one? Thx.

Mercury Flame switch

By buddy got it, only had 1 left sorry

MERC-UP-kit avail for the older gc150 heatilator units changes it to thermocouple thermopile system

just wondering if there is a kit for this one

these Numbers are the only ones i could find on the gas fireplace GD300-N Nepolian Wolf Steel

I have the gc150 with flame sensor failure. Where can I get more info on this "MERC-UP" kit you speak of?

Quote Originally Posted by cavprint View Post
    I have the gc150 with flame sensor failure. Where can I get more info on this "MERC-UP" kit you speak of?
    phone heatilator customer service for a dealer in your area.........they may forward you to a distributor.and be careful who installs it. those units are 20 years old you may be farther ahead looking for a new unit

where to get one

Hello everybody,

I am a newbie here but have big problem with my fireplace. I have an instaflame zero clearance DV36RN direct vent natural gas fireplace. The tech guy told me that the mercury switch is defective since when he bypassed it, the fire stay lit.

Where can i buy a mercury switch? I live in Winnipeg Canada and winter is very harsh here.

Hope you guys can help me

Basically those types of switches are obsolete, but you can find the odd one online (new or used). It's hit or miss if you find one of those and usually they are way overpriced as original cost of part was around $$$. I bit the bullet and got the upgrade kit that replaces that switch. It's a bit of investment ($$$ & up + installation) but I don't have to worry about the switch failing again (mine lasted 8yrs). The thermopile or thermocouple could fail, but those should be easy to find in comparison. Also, its better than replacing the entire fireplace. Check out Link Removed for more info. Good Luck!
    Last edited by Chris_Worthington; 04-14-2012 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Pricing and Link removed

Quote Originally Posted by cavprint View Post
    Basically those types of switches are obsolete, but you can find the odd one online (new or used). It's hit or miss if you find one of those and usually they are way overpriced as original cost of part was around $$$. I bit the bullet and got the upgrade kit that replaces that switch. It's a bit of investment ($$$ & up + installation) but I don't have to worry about the switch failing again (mine lasted 8yrs). The thermopile or thermocouple could fail, but those should be easy to find in comparison. Also, its better than replacing the entire fireplace. Check out Link Removed for more info. Good Luck!
    Just an FIY for all the poor souls with a broken Robertshaw mercury switch in their fireplace.

Look up "Keating 37406" flame sensors. These are freely available for a fraction of the price.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast