Help identify the FASCO blower

Can someone help me identify this thing? I searched for Fasco type U8 (as listed on the label and by outlet size which is WxH 6 5/8 x 5 5/8 to no avail.
    Any useful information on how I might be able to quiet this thing down is appreciated. The motor is not making a noise the is very loud at full speed.
    Based on specs it should be relatively quiet as Max RPM: 1625
    Name:  0822142230a.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  75.3 KBName:  0822142230.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  57.0 KB

Did you try the SAE 20 weight oil q6 months as it states on the casing? What make and model appliance is this for? Just look it up in the parts list. Done.

Unfortunately it is a custom job.
    This fan pushes air against a firebox of my real wood-burning fireplace. And again the motor is essentially silent. It is the fan that is making a lot of noise. Are there other ...more optimized shapes for the fan blades available. Would a fan designed for higher RPM be quieter if i run at 1625?
    Is it the fan that i should be replacing , rather then the motor?

I also can not really see the bearing where it would be appropriate to lubricate it. It seems sealed at the motor. Should i remove the fan and try to access the bearing from that side?

Quote Originally Posted by chudilo View Post
    Unfortunately it is a custom job.
    This fan pushes air against a firebox of my real wood-burning fireplace. And again the motor is essentially silent. It is the fan that is making a lot of noise. Are there other ...more optimized shapes for the fan blades available. Would a fan designed for higher RPM be quieter if i run at 1625?
    Is it the fan that i should be replacing , rather then the motor?
    When you say "real wood-burning fireplace", are you referring to a masonry fireplace or a factory built fireplace you have modified?

Generally the blower and motor come as a unit.

It's a real brick (masonry) fireplace that was designed with a special channel around the main fire box (chamber). It houses 2 of these fans (1 on each side). The fans take the air from the room and force it to go around the hot bricks and into the main heating ducts. (This was designed in 1983). I am assuming the motors have been replaced since, as they are not making much noise. It's the air that is making all the noise. This is not due to a restriction in the channel as the fan made the same amount of noise when I took it out of the box.

There is a knob that allows me to slow the fans down, but then the air does not travel up through the ducts.
    The channel where the fans are housed could easily accommodate larger (especially deeper) fans that would be able to push more air at lower RPMs. Alternatively, I am hoping that there are fans do not generate as mush air noise with a more advanced shape.

So would this be the old Heatilator forms? I just tell customers to take the motor to granger to match it up they have everything its going to cost quite a bit though.

Would they have a better option for a more advanced centrifugal fan though? Does something like that even exist?

It does and its probably a small ECM unit that they use for refrigeration but its not going to work for your system and it costs a lot. So getting a better look at that picture you have a regular snail shell blower, we use them on large pellet stoves and on our built in wood burning fireplaces like 44 xxl zc. We can get them and if I remember we have them in stock so depending on where you live call your local Travis Industries Dealer to get that for you.

I am in Minneapolis MN. Will try the Grainger route.

They have a dealer in your area, I am pretty sure was at the factory and they brought up a tech story from that area.

woodland, energy savers, and fireplaces inc show up go to Lopi website