Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I did find this attachement - http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showpost.ph...7&postcount=18

And this statement from jrbenny - For every degree below 75°F, target humidity is raised 2%. You can't overcool more than 3°F. You won't go below 70°F.

And I found another post that stated the lowest setting was 46%. I haven't seen a post that explains that though. I can understand the 70F limit, but where does the 46% limit come from?

I haven't found the FAQ yet or the maintenance manual. I do have the install manual and the homeowners guide. But both of those are lacking details, and missing functions. I will keep searching though.

Today was a cool day so AC didn't come on. But the other day I didn't see the system reach the target humidity and it would shut off at the set point of 78F even though humidity was high and dehumidify was set to ON.

im a huge infinity fan and the go to infinity guy at my co and jrbenny has been spot on... REMEMBER it is not a dehumidifier. you are talking about a feature not its sole purpose. in the summer to use your hvac system to dehumidify your home below say 46% you risk a low temp return air causing liquid refrigerant smackin the compressor. thats a good reason for me not to push it.
    that controller should be cooling past your setpoint if theres a call for humidity,, you also have limits because it needs to be efficient...

sounds like you need a service call,, a carrier rep will come to your house if talk to the right people.

Believe it or not, the building is a bigger factor on your humidity than the air conditioning system.

35% is sort of a brick wall for mechanical dehumidifiying. By a brick wall I mean for a system to start supply air to the space with a moisture content lower than what equates to 35% RH, it also gets close to freezing up condensate on the coils and needs defrost.

The term relative humidity is also confusing, as it depends on temperature. If you are trying to keep the place cooler than 75 it gets more difficult to have a low RH.

But if you have a tight structure in the middle of the Amazon rainforest, you can hold 40% humidity with single stage air conditioning

Maybe call the installer to have another look, but 46% is pretty dry. If you need to dry out problem areas of the home invest another couple hundred in a 40 pint dehumidifier. Maybe let the dehu heat up the problem areas , it makes the solids dry up faster

Will my new full featured a/c system control humidity in my home? I live in a green grass climate (WI). The house has reached 71^F occasionally but mostly less than 70^F. My humidity on the 1st floor reached 65%RH yesterday. My basement is 65^F, 72%RH. It's raining overnight and more in the forcast. I asked my sales tech when I bought the new system about humidity control. He said, "Yep, pretty much". Now what? Tell me the settings. I enjoyed watching "Yep, pretty much" guys dance on the head of a pin. Regards TB
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"

Smile It's ALL Relative ... Temperature, Humidity, Comfort, ...

Quote Originally Posted by teddy bear View Post
    Will my new full featured a/c system control humidity in my home?
    I live in a green grass climate (WI).
    The house has reached 71^F occasionally but mostly less than 70^F.
    My humidity on the 1st floor reached 65&#37;RH yesterday.

I asked my sales tech when I bought the new system about humidity control.
    82'F / 42% with ceiling fan is just fine this PM.
    Of course, it is Relatively Mild, 88'F OD with the outside dew point at only 69'F.

Almost time for my Friday PM 26 mile bicycle ride.
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

Well, I have used the system for a while with days getting up to mid/high 80s outside. Inside it is set to 78F, and it will cool past that set point down to 76F.

It has never gotten the condo down to 46%, the closest it got was 49% once, but it is usually at 51%.

So I wouldn't call that "dry" at all.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSoCalCondo View Post
    Well, I have used the system for a while with days getting up to mid/high 80s outside. Inside it is set to 78F, and it will cool past that set point down to 76F.

It has never gotten the condo down to 46%, the closest it got was 49% once, but it is usually at 51%.

So I wouldn't call that "dry" at all.
    And PLEASE remember your air conditioner is not a dehumidifier and your building envelope integrity and/or internal humidity sources may exceed its latent capacity.

Oh, and Carriers marketing says things like:

"Superior humidity control" - For Infinity AC.
    "Infinity™ Control—you have precise control over temperature, humidity, ..." - For the T-stat.

"IdealHumidity
    Keeping your home comfortable at any temperature
    IdealHumidity

Innovative Carrier IdealHumidity™ systems constantly control both temperature and humidity, day and night, in any season. With an IdealHumidity system, you can monitor and adjust your home's humidity level even when your home comfort system isn't actively heating or cooling. Maintaining the proper balance of moisture in your home keeps you more comfortable at higher temperatures in the summer and lower temperatures in the winter.

In the summer, Carrier variable-speed blower systems work in concert with Carrier's highly refined Thermidistat™ Control to remove up to 30 times more moisture than a standard system, keeping you cool and more comfortable. Plus, it can also save you up to 21% in cooling costs."

IdealHumidity doesn't say it will add humidity it just says it will remove up to 30 times more then a standard system. Well I have that variable speed blower.

This all points a pretty strong picture that it will do a superior job of controlling humidity. I don't think any one would think the lowest setting of 46% is superior.
    And let's not forget how it is advertised...

Your building leaks.

Your system is satisfying the dry bulb.

Fix the envelope.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

And let's not forget how it is advertised...
    Residential indoor summer time design humidity levels range from 55% to 45%which is approved by the American National Standards Institute and the ACCA Manual J uses. Your June dewpoint low was 50F and the high for the month was 59F with and average of 55F dewpoint for the month thus far. With the Infinity control set to cool to dehumidify and the droop temperature reaching 76F and with a delta TF around 25 degrees you should make sure your ducts aren't sweating.

Ideal Humidity is meaningless.
    Superior is subjective.
    The Infinity is a great product on its on merits and from your postings the unit sounds like it's doing all it call. I am sorry though if your expections where fueled by sales and marketing hype.

carrier baby....

hay ill take 46% over 90% hummidity come see what 92 really feels like....
    you must be a trane man lol....

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Old So Cal,

It's time to look for the cause.

Equipment size,duct system,buiding leaks,etc..

I think if you do you may be able to improve your situation,not 35% RH but lower then you are getting.I'd start a new thread ,lookig for issues that may increase humidity in your condo.

Yes, I do believe the building leaks. I have added weather stripping to doors, and sealed cracks I have seen so far. More to go I guess, just not sure where to check.

Good idea about checking the ducts for sweating. I will try to check it this weekend, as by the time I get home temps have cooled down.

Thanks

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234