Surprise of surprises on costs

Smile Surprise of surprises on costs

I am seeking a replacement gas furnace and have received proposals from a number of installers. These include Trane, Lennox, Carrier And Rheem. One of the vendors also sent me a proposal for a Goodman furnace.

Surprise of surprises! The Rheem model RGFD09EXCMS prestige gas furnace came in at a lower cost than everything except the bottom end Goodman. The high end Rheem was even lower or equivalent in cost to the 80% AFUE Trane, Lennox and Carrier and the equivalent 95% AFUE Goodman. I would be wondering about that except that the Rheem proposal is from the oldest (hundred plus years), largest and best-known dealer in the area. They are a member of the BBB and have been putting in Rheem oil burner furnaces forever. I almost didn't have them give a proposal as their fame is in oil furnaces and oil delivery have only been doing the gas furnaces for the last 10 years or so.

Anyone have experience with Rheem model RGFD09EXCMS ? Sounds like a good buy to me.

Sounds good to me as long as everything is done right. Make sure you are getting the matching Mod stat.