need help, please, A/c tripping outside breaker...

Confused need help, please, A/c tripping outside breaker...

a/c will work for a couple of days, sometimes a half a day, and then I'll notice only air is coming out of the vents, not refrigerated air. the same temp as if i had only the fan on. so a friend of mine checked the outside breaker and reset it, it was still in the "on" position, but he turned it to the off position and then back on again, and the inside air was once again refrigerated air.
    I noticed that once the breaker gets turned back on, you can hear the inside air handler working, and before when just air was blowing, only the outside fan is on and not the air handler. just wondering if something is being overloaded here which is causing the breaker to flip? and what could it be? any help would be greatly apprieciated! my electric bills are insane!

Could be a number of things. It would be money well spent to call a pro.

No diy, read the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by xstariannax View Post
    a/c will work for a couple of days, sometimes a half a day, and then I'll notice only air is coming out of the vents, not refrigerated air. the same temp as if i had only the fan on. so a friend of mine checked the outside breaker and reset it, it was still in the "on" position, but he turned it to the off position and then back on again, and the inside air was once again refrigerated air.
    I noticed that once the breaker gets turned back on, you can hear the inside air handler working, and before when just air was blowing, only the outside fan is on and not the air handler. just wondering if something is being overloaded here which is causing the breaker to flip? and what could it be? any help would be greatly apprieciated! my electric bills are insane!
    In response to you reporting this thread.............the technician that you hire will be able to diagnose the issue without you having to micromanage him with information gathered from us.

Oh yea, I agree with Senior Tech, this is a DIY thread.