Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ohouse, is ready for install next week! thax everyone

I am schedule to be install next week... very very excited. Hope I made the right decision for the family.

You can see the before photo here:

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=177585

I went with Trane:

TUH2B080A9V3VA XV95 two stage VS
    4TTB3036A1000A XB-13 13 seer (didn't care much about A/C) got two big tree in the yard.
    4TXCB036BC3HCA the coil
    TCONT802AS32DA the brain TSTAT

btw, in the summer time how do I test the furnace?

Hope the hardware will work together. I'll try to return post during and after photo. And with many other questions... such is the wiring look correct? does this look FAT to you

Thumbs up

Good luck to you. Hope all goes well.

Will be waiting for the results.

They will fire off the furnace to check gas pressure, and temp rise.

The house may warm up a bit at first, but A/C can be turned back on after they are done testing.

Let the install begin....we forgot something.

well, they were on-time! But they seem to forgot my 16x25x4 media rack(??) they say they'll build me one... anyway, the photo show when everything is out and the old furnace top view.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Build one??? I guess it can be done, but not sure how well it will support it??

That return going into the wall, it don't look big back in there.. Looks like it only 8 by 8 in back. (is this one of those tri-level home?)

I also noticed the gas line for the water heater, is that going to get changed out? The gas line really should be black pipe.

I couldn't edit the top of this thread so here is a question I posted
    http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=1951861 if I have enough wire to common and W2.

yes it's a tri-level home. as for black pipe... I don't think the HVAC guys are doing that and nobody mention it either..

Quote Originally Posted by mayguy View Post
    Build one??? I guess it can be done, but not sure how well it will support it??

That return going into the wall, it don't look big back in there.. Looks like it only 8 by 8 in back. (is this one of those tri-level home?)

I also noticed the gas line for the water heater, is that going to get changed out? The gas line really should be black pipe.

still not sure if the installer hook up the wiring correctly but Trane is out of box it look nice! looks like they wont finish today , because they are building the return.

To be continue...

don't you just hate it when you see "To be continue..." on tv show?

well, the good news is if I found anything questionable I will see them again. The A/C part is done (IMG_5711.jpg) back connect(2) (3)... I am testing it right now. but because the "return" is not complete it's too much noise to hear the VS fan.

photo 4 is the unfinish and 5th is the board.

Second pic from left...I don't like seeing wire nuts out in the open on the low voltage wiring. Better to run t-stat wire all the way into control box and make connections inside box.

I dont like the exposed wire nuts outside the condenser. Transition looks good.

It would have been nice if they would have positioned the condensing unit a little better. They have the service panel facing the corner of the house. Not a big deal for a HO, but will make it more of a pain to service. Not horrible, but not the way I would like to see it.

Maybe they can bring a real media filter cabinet next visit instead of having to build one. Looks good, but I agree with the others about the wire nuts exposed... not a very good idea IMHO.

the metal work looks first class to me, but like the others have said i dont like the the low volt hooked up outside the unit.
    "The things you own end up owning you. "

Tyler Durden

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast