+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Scrap = vacation

Post Likes

Scrap = vacation

I spent half the day yesterday flattining out coils and stacking them, removing the armaflex from old copper lines, I got misc. aluminum, old motors, HX's, wire etc. etc.

My neighbors took all their alum. gutters off as well as some other alum., and trashed it. I went over and grabbed it....yep, Im a trash picker too.

Im actually looking forward to a scrap yard run and useing the dough to take a nice little vacation at the end of summer.

Save that scrap metal you guys, its worth a fortune!

Especially when your a poor bastard like me.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post

You forgot to mention ugly too...

I save coils and copper too...unless my kids turn it in first...

"Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Post Likes
    Hide it from on lookers. We scraped some coils and some jerk came on our land and stole some.. not all were taken but it was a blow to find out some A~~ hole was here in the night taking it. Now with camera rolling and shot gun in hand they'll think twice...
    You don't have to ASK

What I'm Against...

If you know what

I'm For...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vmc1161 View Post
    You forgot to mention ugly too...

I save coils and copper too...unless my kids turn it in first...

Hey!...I was sombodies baby once.

Post Likes
    Thanks for letting me know to come visit scrap pile, ( I mean you ) around midnight tonight.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Thanks for letting me know to come visit scrap pile, ( I mean you ) around midnight tonight.

Hey...beenthere you almost have 20000 postesess...how the eff do you guys from Pennsylvania do it...must be something in the water...

"Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Post Likes
    Get up early, stay up late.

Post Likes
    Bought wifey's engagement and wedding rings back in '80 with scrap $$$. Annual company outing on scrap $$$ several years after that. Looking to buy a used cruiser mo'cyle with this year's (last year's) scrap money. Got my eye on a '01 Victory Cruiser, fully loaded, cherry, 3600 miles. He's asking $6k, I think I can get it for $5.5k.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by A/C guy's chick View Post
    Hide it from on lookers. We scraped some coils and some jerk came on our land and stole some.. not all were taken but it was a blow to find out some A~~ hole was here in the night taking it. Now with camera rolling and shot gun in hand they'll think twice...
    Don't forget in Texas it's legal to shoot them at night, no questions asked

Post Likes
    Ive been hitting the scrap yard about once a month, usually get 300-400 dollars, should be more over the summer months, wish I could have back all of the old units we used to give away.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeyDawg View Post
    Don't forget in Texas it's legal to shoot them at night, no questions asked
    Daytime too , under the right circumstances .

Post Likes

Thumbs up

I like Texas justice....the rest of the states should conform.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    I spent half the day yesterday flattining out coils and stacking them, removing the armaflex from old copper lines, I got misc. aluminum, old motors, HX's, wire etc. etc.

My neighbors took all their alum. gutters off as well as some other alum., and trashed it. I went over and grabbed it....yep, Im a trash picker too.

Im actually looking forward to a scrap yard run and useing the dough to take a nice little vacation at the end of summer.

Save that scrap metal you guys, its worth a fortune!

Old motors? how much ya getting for them? I didn't think they were worth much...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in