Soft Serve Equipment, is it good money?

Is there any good money making potential in servicing Soft serve equipment, i think some of the most popular machines are made by Taylor. Just curious. thx in advance.
    I will take a bullet for my Veto LC tool bag!

Home is Azle Texas, work in Dallas-Fort Worth & surrounding areas.
    Used to take care of 7 Sonic's , Not too bad to work on as far as equipment.
    Bacteria is an issue, if they get busted by Health dept.,they sometimes want to drag you into the mix - they are supposed to keep it sanitary - they don't as a general rule. If they do clean it & put the hose that serves as a pump in wrong, then they generally did not want to pay you to tell them the screwed up. The best part for me was I knew who kept their machines as clean as possible & always got free samples. Not unlike an ice machine as far as cleanliness - some are O.K. & some you do not want to know what is growing in them. If you service them , generally best to do when they are closed, no room around them especially when counter is busy.

I would rather take care of the rooftop equipment.
    Life as an adult is much like life in kindergarten - If I make it through the day without crying or hitting some one, then it was a good day!

I can offer a small amount of insight into this world:

1- Taylor (one of the biggest manuf. of this stuff) will NOT talk to you on their main tech support line unless you have been to one of their training classes and have their license. The class I went to had me at their factory (Rockton, IL) for 2 weeks. It was, however, a very informative class.

2- Many times you have to drain the mix out of the machine to work on them. This sux for several reasons- first, its a mess, no matter what. Second, you have the moral dillemma of "to throw away, or not?" It should be, but the customer won't want you to cause its expensive.

As far as the money aspect, I really can't help you there, since I was an in-house tech when I was working on them. But, they broke down a lot, if that helps. They are very moody machines, and the littlest thing can wreak havoc with them.

Is Rockton, Il. the only place where you can get training with those machines?
    I will take a bullet for my Veto LC tool bag!

I worked on all makes of soft serve machines for a few years.
    The problem your going to run into is getting parts.
    Parts are sold thru distributors, Distributors also sell and service the machines so getting them to sell you parts is almost impossible

So basicly your stuck working for a distributor or spending every free min of your life searching for parts.

Good luck in whatever you choose to do.