Hmm BACnet Schedules through AX

hi does anyone have any information on how to import BACnet schedules into the Tridium AX enviroment. we would like to keep the schedules in the DDC software and be able to edit them through the web browser rather than having to interface between AX and OrcaView as it gets complicated with Optimum Start Programs etc any help with the DELTA range would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Matt

Tridium AX / BACnet response.

Hi Matt, I'm not an exper by any means, but I have linked Tridium AX systems in with BACnet points. Make sure that the Delta points have been exposed to, or are BACnet points. Then make sure that you have loaded the BACnet jar into the JACE that you are working with. You should then be able to setup your IP information in order that you can discover the controller and points are on that network. If the Delta system is not on the same subnet, you will need to set up the Delta system as well as the JACE as BBMD's in order for them to communicate.
    Like I said in the beginning, I am not an expert in this, so if anyone sees an error in what I'm stating, please point it out. Hope it helps.

BACnet Schedule Import Manager

There is a BACnet Schedule Import Manager underneath the BACnet device you discovered and pulled into your database.
    It is very similar to discovering points from that device.
    "I wish it were winter so we could freeze it into ice blocks and skate on it and melt it in the spring time and drink it!"

Thank you
    I see how to discover the schedules although we cant seem to edit them through the imported schedules have i missed a field to make them editable

Similar to Niagara Schedule Import Manager

In the Niagara network, you can create the schedule in the Supervisor (editable in the Supervisor) and export it to the slave controller (JACE 201).

In the Niagara network, when importing a schedule from a slave controller you can not edit it in the supervisor (it will be grayed out).

The same may go for the BACnet world in AX.

I get a "Priority For Writing" on a schedule that I imported from a device on my desk. The device schedule you are attempting to write to may not be writable via BACnet integration,
    Last edited by tk2k; 05-20-2008 at 11:30 AM. Reason: More information
    "I wish it were winter so we could freeze it into ice blocks and skate on it and melt it in the spring time and drink it!"

the default view for the schedule editor is the schedule import manager, which is used to import a schedule form another bacnet device and then link from it to other field devices. In that case it is designed to be readonly, the originating bacnet device is what sets the schedule.

I think that the schedule export manager allows you to use a niagara schedule to write to a schedule in the remote bacnet device.