Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by eagle710 View Post
    Do not go with waterfurnace if you want piece of mind with your investment. 3 years of installation, 0 years with no problems, absolutely no support from Waterfurnace customer service reps. Warranty thats pays very little.
    Sounds to me like someone had a lousy install.
    I have installed several hundred WaterFurnace systems, commercial and residential. A few have had mechanical problems but the factory has always stood behind them. You can ruin any brand of heat pump with a poor duct design and poor loop design, most of the time its not the equipment's fault.

Bullbob, heat pumps don't make heat, they move it. So if you need rapid warm up use aux/emergancy heat or don't set back your thermostat as much. Just a thought.
    Genius = The guy who can do anything...except make a living!

This guy started or helped start WaterFurnace. Find an installing contractor for them.

http://www.hydroheat.com/Index.aspx
    Always here

Alternative unit

Did you look at a company called www.getgreenenergy.co I have a unit and it is state of the art. It has a world patent. The unit uses invertor technology with wireless controles. It is the only unit with realtime COP allowing you to know how well it is working - not some lab in lab conditions. All the data can be viewed and controled on my computer.

clarification of Interest in Waterfurnace vs. Geo

I guess this is bit of a testimonial of one satisfied customer of Water Furnace. I had one installed in my home when it was built in 1991. It has been as nearly fault-free as I could imagine. The handful of service calls I have had were almost trivial: blocked condensate drain, blocked floor drain and some loss of pressure in the loop. (Now that I know what to do, I can take care of the first two myself!) But, the current tax advantage of installation of a geothermal system has lead me to consider installing a new unit even though there isn't anything wrong with what I have. I assumption is that nothing lasts forever and that I may "head something off at the pass" by having a new unit installed at about a 30% discount! The fact that there is a competing system available simply lead me to ask about the comparative advantages--if any--of moving away from Waterfurnace. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by geodude View Post
    Sounds to me like someone had a lousy install.
    I have installed several hundred WaterFurnace systems, commercial and residential. A few have had mechanical problems but the factory has always stood behind them. You can ruin any brand of heat pump with a poor duct design and poor loop design, most of the time its not the equipment's fault.

Bullbob, heat pumps don't make heat, they move it. So if you need rapid warm up use aux/emergancy heat or don't set back your thermostat as much. Just a thought.
    Please help...I had a WF installed (2004) to replace my old unit I had installed in 1986. Within a year the coil had to be replaced and after 4 coils replaced by 2008, WF decided to give me a new Envision 4 ton unit. The coil went bad in 2011 and they replaced it and now in 2012 I'm on my second replacement coil. There has been no charge from WF or my dealer, but the down time is killing me because I have medical conditions that require A/C. My major concern is if these coils continue to go bad (Even though the warranty pays everything), What do I do when the warranty has expired and the coils continue to go bad? My dealer said it is around $1500.00 to install a new coil. I have done a considerable amount of research and have found that WF has major problems with their coils. I might also add that before my medical condition, I was a licensed electrical contractor for 40 years in a major city, so I have been around construction a long time and have wired many geothermal units. I always like the WF, but now I do not know.

I wonder if something has changed on the water side? Have they tested your water quality? Have they checked water flow rate? Maybe its too high. The old unit tolerated it, but the newer higher efficiency may not.

Quote Originally Posted by motoguy128 View Post
    I wonder if something has changed on the water side? Have they tested your water quality? Have they checked water flow rate? Maybe its too high. The old unit tolerated it, but the newer higher efficiency may not.
    The problem is not on the water side, it's been on the air coil that all the leaks have been. When they replaced my unit, they installed the WF circulator pump and everything checks ok with that side.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123