Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    you are gonna love that geo thermal. I'm jealous

Looks the same YES

Quote Originally Posted by phabighorst View Post
    Yes its a White cabnet, but not the same. Notice GeoComfort has onlt 1 System light not 6 and loops come in on the left side not right like Waterfurnace. GeoComfort also has a 10 year all parts waranty Option. from the factory. Paul
    Better up date your web site pictures then.
    Genius = The guy who can do anything...except make a living!

GeoComfort have a Higher output than WFI...
    Wouldn't you be better off comparing efficiency? And since the average American's house is 2349 SqFt. (according to NAHB), wouldn't it be fairer to compare a GeoComfort GT036 against a WaterFurnace NDV038 (instead of an OEM version like you did before)?

The GT036 is rated at 24EER 4.5COP while the Envision is rated at 30EER 5.1COP.

Also, I think I'd rather go with a company with 25 years experience and that's an acknowledged market leader, rather than a brand new product from the recent merger of two tiny companies.

Just my two cents...

Exclamation Selections

ClimateMaster
    Trane
    WaterFurnace

Write a spec so you can perform
    an apple-to-apples evaluation
    after submittals/bids are provided.
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

About that warranty...

About a month ago we had a GeoComfort system installed. We're just delighted about it, but find ourselves baffled by the warranty situation--or lack of it. The installing company is (I gather from various sources) experienced and respected in the field, yet they seem equally baffled about the warranty. Altho advertised as "ten year parts and labor" warranty on the GeoComfort unit, and verbal note that the field loops are warranted for (I thought I remembered) 25 years, "and should last a lot longer than that", there is nothing in writing anywhere referring to them; the company says it is simply warranted thru them. The only written evidence of warranty on the GeoComfort part is a note on the invoice, stating a "ten year parts and labor", with no further specification at all. So if the company folds sooner than ten years, we are just out of luck? And who defines what's warranted (the cabinet? switches? pipes--which? thermostat?)? I am baffled!!!! Even my *toaster* comes with a full-page very specific set of details on its warranty; but only a paragraph on warranty for this huge investment??? Can anyone lend any insight here? I'm postponing our final payment until I'm sure that everything's been done as it should be, and surely that includes a warranty??
    Thanks for any wisdom.

Hmm Confused Warranty

Quote Originally Posted by GeoComforted View Post
    About a month ago we had a GeoComfort system installed. We're just delighted about it, but find ourselves baffled by the warranty situation--or lack of it. The installing company is (I gather from various sources) experienced and respected in the field, yet they seem equally baffled about the warranty. Altho advertised as "ten year parts and labor" warranty on the GeoComfort unit, and verbal note that the field loops are warranted for (I thought I remembered) 25 years, "and should last a lot longer than that", there is nothing in writing anywhere referring to them; the company says it is simply warranted thru them. The only written evidence of warranty on the GeoComfort part is a note on the invoice, stating a "ten year parts and labor", with no further specification at all. So if the company folds sooner than ten years, we are just out of luck? And who defines what's warranted (the cabinet? switches? pipes--which? thermostat?)? I am baffled!!!! Even my *toaster* comes with a full-page very specific set of details on its warranty; but only a paragraph on warranty for this huge investment??? Can anyone lend any insight here? I'm postponing our final payment until I'm sure that everything's been done as it should be, and surely that includes a warranty??
    Thanks for any wisdom.
    GeoComfort has a warranty please give full model # and I can send you to a web site or pdf file explaning warranty.

Climatemaster

We install Climatemaster because the distributor locally have a staff that knows GEO inside and out and also stocks parts. I know Water furnace is sold direct. I do not know what kind of service you get from them. I would definately go where you are going to receive the best service after the sale especially if you run into a problem

Warranty

GeoComfort has a warranty please give full model # and I can send you to a web site or pdf file explaning warranty.
    Thanks, the Model No. is GTC048.
    The installer says the warranty situation has recently changed. Do you know anything about that?
    Thank you!!

GeoComfort Warranty

Quote Originally Posted by GeoComforted View Post
    Thanks, the Model No. is GTC048.
    The installer says the warranty situation has recently changed. Do you know anything about that?
    Thank you!!
    That model GTC048 has a warranty direct from the manufacture. You can go to www.geocomfort.com for more details and
    ask them for a certificate.

warranty

Thank you!
    I'm back in touch with them, and hopefully this will work it out. Thanks again.

ECONAR>>>thats all I am going to say about that

Do not go with waterfurnace if you want piece of mind with your investment. 3 years of installation, 0 years with no problems, absolutely no support from Waterfurnace customer service reps. Warranty thats pays very little.

When we built our house 19 years ago, we had a WaterFurnace installed. Previously, I have had home with hot water or a forced-air gas furnace. I would not trade my Water-Furnace anything else I have experienced or heard about. During the 19 years of use, I have had 4 or 5 routine maintenance calls for such things as pressure-checking the water
    connections, cleaning out condensate drains or just because of a feeling that it must be time for a "tune up". That's it. The system has been as nearly without problems as I could imagine. I don't like the fact that it didn't have a thermostat with the capability for timed temperature settings and that you can's heat up a cold house as quickly as you can with a gas- or electric furnace. At the moment, I am seriously considering upgrading my WaterFurnace to a current model to take advantage of tax credits and some financial help from my local electric utility. By the way, I have a 2700 sq ft, 2-level houses, large windows in all rooms, and 6-inches of insulation in all walls and about 20 in. in the upper crawl space. My average electric bill is $135.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast