Thread: small attic fan

Question small attic fan

Tamarack Technologies has discontinued their HV-700 insulated attic fan. I would rather call it a whole house fan, but it was so small that it could only really vent single rooms. Does anybody know of a similarly small (700 CFM or less), insulated attic fan?

There are a couple of companies making similar products to the HV series, but I'd probably go for an HV1000 if you've been satisfied with the HV-700.

I have an HV1600 and its okay. Pretty low airflow on low, but I wanted a low-and-slow fan to run all night when its cooler in the summer. The high mode does move air but wow is it loud. I really like the automatic opening insulated doors. Not as energy efficient as I thought it might be.

If you're looking for smaller scale and less expensive, a low sones high flow or multispeed bathroom type fan with a piece of r-8 duct and an insulated wall cap can move similar amounts of air to the hv-700 with a similar noise profile and be placed inconspicuously.

Reduce Run Time

Quote Originally Posted by charles2 View Post
    Tamarack Technologies has discontinued their HV-700 insulated attic fan.

... but it was so small that it could only really vent single rooms.

Does anybody know of a similarly small (700 CFM or less), insulated attic fan?
    No, but you can run a

http://www.wholehousefan.com/HV1000brochure0106.pdf

2/3rds of the time of an HV-700.
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities