R-2 to AX conversion

If I am using AX and the project was programmed by another company using R-2 (Workplace Tech & Niagra), and the customer has the Workplace Tech files, can I integrate the Workplace Tech files and make changes using AX?

No, the AX tool can not program and R2 system or vice versa. They are totally different products.

tlp261 is correct, the two tools are completely different.
    However, an R2 to AX Integration is possible using Obix.

Yes they are two different products, although if you had a licensed R2 program and had the customer contact Tridium to get your company added to the license then you could work with the program, To me though it sounds like Obix is your best option. The last alternative is sell them a upgrade package, sell a new JACE with AX 3.3 and turn in the old R2 JACE to your distributor and get a 25% discount if they are still offering.

Instead of OBix, you can also use Bacnet if your licenses are suitable. It may be easier than the OBix learning curve if you are not familiar.
    gnomethang

Thanks guys, I will look into OBix.

LMiller

You stated Workplace Tech. Workplace Tech is the proprietary software for programing Invensys/TAC I/A controllers. The I/A controllers are most likely LON mark or works, with a slight possibility they are the new BACnet controllers. you can bring the LON SNVT's in to AX just as you can in R2. but you would then have to reprogram the Jace.

The software to program the R2 is called Workplace Pro. and the software for AX is WEBPro or WEBstation.

I have used the Obix driver to do a new instillation using R2 Jace's with Cbus Obixed to an AX server. Let me say it was an easy integration. With the Obix being a part of the packaged driver you don't have to pay for point count like the BACnet driver at the server level.

This same coarse is going to be used on several sites in my area to help migrate the existing R2 up to the AX level. The R2 still has it's place because of the proprietary drivers bring used. However as those system start to fail new controllers will replace them along with a new AX Jace.

Hop I helped

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MDaly View Post

The software to program the R2 is called Workplace Pro. and the software for AX is WEBPro or WEBstation.

Mike
    AX is sold under many different OEMs. The Vykon channel from Tridium simply calls the engineering tool Workbench.

Honeywell calls it WEBStation-AX/WEBPro-AX (really the same thing, just different licensing options). WEBStation in demo mode can do everything but the license expires yearly. WEBPro-AX allows you to connect to a JACE to do remote programming, but it does not allow you to run a station locally.
    WEBStation-AX is what usually goes on the front end as the Supervisor Station, with a license that never expires.