+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Replacing a TAC MNB-V2

Post Likes

Replacing a TAC MNB-V2

I want to replace a defective MNB-V2 VAV controller.
    I have a new one in hand and Have workplace tech software and have the site project.
    What are the steps I need to take to replace the defective one and download the proper code from the project database?
    thanks.

Post Likes
    Should be similar to the L's. Instead of neuron ID cross reference, I would assume they would do similar with bacnet id's. As far as navigating the software. It is pretty straight forward.

Post Likes
    thank you, I was more after details like:
    do I have to set the new controller to a certain baud rate? if so, how, through the commissioning tool portion of workplace tech?
    I see that the new controller has a sticker with UID#, how is this used?
    or do I just set the dip switches to match the old controller and away I go?

Post Likes
    Been awhile, if I remember right I set everything up with commissioning tool I could, check your network on your baud rate can't remember if there is an auto option. Once you have that set(make sure you had set your dip switches first thing), go into workplace tech and load the program on the controller your pulling, then switch out controllers. The only thing is if you have the Tridium front end you will have to change the device id of the device you pulled out.
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    very soon it is you that will be pwned

Post Likes
    that sounds good. thx Joey

Post Likes
    I just did this so I'll try from memory. Go into the WPT file Application Download and type in the UID. Save the file again after you download it to save the UID with the file or it may still retain the old UID. Goto Tools, Workplace commissiong tool. Search for the device. Double click it and assign an ID to it (you have to know the Jace netwrok number and it should pick up the dip switches for the rest of the number). Autobaud should be ok. Should be good to go.

Post Likes
    Thx incontrol, will give it a shot in the next few days.

Post Likes
    all went smooth, thx guys.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in