Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Any New Feedback On The Buderus G125be ? ...

A search of all open forums turned up few comments on the new Buderus
    G125BE, the most recent being March 19, 2008. I believe this was about the time Buderus EU began to ship these to the U.S. I wonder if anyone has any more recent feedback on this system / burner .. Re: actual measured efficiency, tuning probs, necessary flue liner (?) , parts availability or any other "issues" ?

Further, I have had three Buderus indirect tank failures (all in warranty) and have suggestions from a couple of suppliers to use a stainless steel tank. Their suggestions were Super Stor and Crown Mega Store .. any comments ??

Russ

Hey Guys .. No Comments ?????

Quote Originally Posted by MiniBoy View Post
    A search of all open forums turned up few comments on the new Buderus
    G125BE, the most recent being March 19, 2008. I believe this was about the time Buderus EU began to ship these to the U.S. I wonder if anyone has any more recent feedback on this system / burner .. Re: actual measured efficiency, tuning probs, necessary flue liner (?) , parts availability or any other "issues" ?

Further, I have had three Buderus indirect tank failures (all in warranty) and have suggestions from a couple of suppliers to use a stainless steel tank. Their suggestions were Super Stor and Crown Mega Store .. any comments ??

Russ
    There must be SOMEONE out there that has had some experience with these new units ?? .. please chime in ..

Thanks,

Russ

That's the new higher efficiency oil burning boiler, right? I'm pretty sure there were some posts about it over on The Wall. All good ones, too. You have to be trained at the facility in Londonderry, NH to service and sell it. I don't hardly ever run into oil around here, so I'm not much up on it more than that.

As far as the dhw tanks, I only sell Buderus, and have never had a problem with any of them. I read once, about any coil-in-tank, that when you fill the tank up the first time, you should fill the coil first, then fill the tank. Something about filling the tank when there's air in the coil, making the coil move around, and possibly causing damage. Seemed logical, and seemed like it wouldn't hurt, so I always fill the coil first, as part of my purging anyway, then fill the tank.

only install s/s indirects, super stor, mega store and now wolf all good reliable units cann't go wrong with any of them, not a big fan of the tank with-in a tank or the boiler mate,

Thanks for the responses, guys.

I'm sorry to be remiss in replying, but we have been in A/C mode here in the North East since April.

inhoth2o

I'm with you on the s/s indirects .. I wonder if you have had better luck with SuperStor, or Mega Store, or are they similar .. my heating contractors have both .. although they claim to have had no problems with the Buderus indirect tanks, even though I know of at least three that have failed within three to four years of installation.

I'm not an engineer, but I would find it hard to believe that the indirect coil getting hit with 180* boiler water while the domestic hot water in the tank is at 120*, would not cause some coil expansion and a resulting cracking of the porcelain at the weld joints between the coil and the tank ???

My experience has been that the failed tanks leaked INTERNALLY .. meaning that street water entered the coil through the tank at a rusted weld, and charged the boiler with 60 lb. street pressure, causing the boiler to exhaust via the boiler relief valve, creating an interesting troubleshooting project, in some cases, as well as 60 lb. pressure in the heating zone loops !!!

Stainless indirects seem most feasible to me for the long term, allowing that nothing is forever, but I can't imagine having to worry about this sort of leaking problem three or four years down the road ?!?!

sprintmj19

Yes, it's the Buderus burner that has been running in Europe since 1995, and released for export to the U.S. ( and other countries ?? ) in March or so ....

Claimed to be a piece of cake to tune, claimed to be 96.8 efficient on a consistent basis, quiet, although requires outside make-up air .. only what I've learned so far.

Your procedure to purge the heating coil regarding the indirect Buderus, or any other brand for that matter, makes sense .. perhaps the damage to the porcelain coating originates from an airbound coil .. and shows up as a problem years later ?!?!?!?

Thanks again for your input ..

Russ

Well, our new Buderus G-125-BE-28 has been running for 30 days since the install date of October 8, '08. The hourmeter has logged 48 hours, although the weather here in Southern Massachusetts has been a bit mild for this time of year. The Buderus burner has a .55 gal/hour nozzle, so in the 48 hours of operation thus far, oil consumption should be about .88 gal/day @ $3.79/gal or $3.33.day. This is about 60% of last years oil consumption for the same period, but I have no degree day comparison for last year. I'm very happy with burner performance at a measured 91.0 AFUE, and the Superstor indirect DHW tank is treating us to smooth, consistent water temps .. a great improvement over the old boiler with the tankless DHW heater. Will attach some photos in the next few days,

Russ

Here is a link, that can provide you with the HDDs.
    Depends on your area, as to how far back their record are.

http://www.degreedays.net/
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

HI BEENTHERE .....

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Here is a link, that can provide you with the HDDs.
    Depends on your area, as to how far back their record are.

http://www.degreedays.net/
    Hi BeenThere ....

Thanks a million for the EXCELLENT link to Degree Day data .. A wonderful site !! Thanked the site owners, too, and even got a reply .. also sent the link to a couple of local HVAC contractors, as well as a few associates who are energy conscious.

Here is another link dealing with BTU's per unit of various fuels .. you may already know of it, but some may not .. I found it very interesting and helpful ..

http://www.eia.doe.gov/neic/experts/heatcalc.xls

Am trying to attach pix, but can't find the "Manage Attachments" box .. will send them in a subsequent post.

FALSE ALARM .. figger'd it out ( I Think ?? )

Thanks again for your help, as well as other members of the forum who have chimed in with their comments,

Russ
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Your welcome.

And looks like a nice install.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

That burner is fairly easy to tune provided you have had the training and use the proper equipment. It tunes differently than a traditional burner. Burnsreallyclean also.

Leo

THANKS FOR THE REPLY ....

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Your welcome.

And looks like a nice install.
    Thanks, BeenThere ....

The install was done as well as I had hoped .. considering most contractors tend to shortcut, these days ?!?! I guess the good news is that I have pumped 2,000,000,000 (LOL) gallons of this contractors' oil through many heating systems over the past 30 or so years, so I got a nice clean install at a reasonable price .. life is good !!!

One comical twist, though .. as I have been "Bad-Mouthing" the Buderus Porcelain Indirect Tanks, and instead, recommending Stainless steel DHW tanks with no anodes to deal with .. MY Superstor Stainless Steel tank leaked from the get-go .. a pinhole leak in the temp probe well weldment flange !!!! .. AARRRgggghhhhhh !!!

Replaced in one day, all set .. Life is STILL Good !!!

Thanks again for your replies, and your wisdom .. I love these forums .. SO much to learn .. So little time !!!!

Russ

HI, LEO ......

Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    That burner is fairly easy to tune provided you have had the training and use the proper equipment. It tunes differently than a traditional burner. Burnsreallyclean also.

Leo
    Hi Leo ....

Oh, yes, the contractor and a couple of his Techs have been up to the "Buderus School" in Londonderry, NH ... The word I get is .. you can't even buy the new burner from a distributor without Buderus Tech Certification ??!!??

And, yes, it burns VERY clean .. the flame is blue .. resembles a gas flame .. NO soot .. NO smoke .. will be a picnic to clean for the next season .. ?!

Thanks for your input,

Russ

I took the Certification class,and worked on one.They seem to be nice.Can direct vent or chimney vent.Fires blue flame,High pressure for better atomization.I havent installed one yet,but I like Buderus,usually bulleproof.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast