Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New kind of Ant in Texas

Here there is a new kind of ant in South Texas that is a pain in the ars to all that encounter them. Good thing about them is that they eat Fire ants.
    Any body down in Houston way seen these little sh#t's ? If ya do keep em down there
    You don't have to ASK

What I'm Against...

If you know what

I'm For...

If they eat fire ants they cant be all that bad what makes them a PITA?

That would be my Ant Louis + Ant Selma. Boy they love those critters.

Are half black and red?
    I know those buggers. If I get bitten I swell up for 2 weeks.
    If bitten take an antihistamine.

There is a product that works. It looks like little yellow balls smaller than bb's
    You circle their mound and they take the bb's to their queen and that's it.
    Tracers work both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by A/C guy's chick View Post
    Here there is a new kind of ant in South Texas that is a pain in the ars to all that encounter them. Good thing about them is that they eat Fire ants.
    Any body down in Houston way seen these little sh#t's ? If ya do keep em down there
    Hey, A/C guy's chick, Found this article check it out.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...n/5779654.html

From the Chronicle article:
    But the ants also like to suck the sweet juices from plants, feed on such beneficial insects as ladybugs, and eat the hatchlings of a small, endangered type of grouse known as the Attwater prairie chicken.
    Where's PETA and the environmentalists when we need
    them?!?
    Prof. Koldenhott
    HVAC Instructor

"Those that CAN...teach...
    PASSIONATELY!"

Down here in Corpus there was a story about them shorting out electronics in Houston. I havent seen them around here yet.

I read about these ants this morning.
    Crazy ants. From the islands. They eat fire ants, they are as big as fleas, are attracted to electronic devices like computers.

I think instead of a wall along our border maybe a big water filled trench around Texas.
    Tracers work both ways.

Keep them down there.

http://www.comcast.net/data/fan/html/popup.html?
    v=742279597&pl=742034173.xml&plc=742034173&launchp oint=Cover&cid=fancover&attr=default_headline&conf ig=/config/common/fan/default.xml&cvqh=tiv_ants
    Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it.

I dont warranty Tinkeritus

Oh great thats all we need now. Just read about them this morning so I guess I'll check around the house and see if they've come to my neighboorhood yet.
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own

MCP

Don't know if this will help, but have had some success with it. Got this off the internet. If you liberally sprinkle instant grits on ant mounds it is supposed to kill them. Seems ants can't pass gas (have you ever heard one of them do so?) and when they consume the instant grits, they swell up and it kills them.Tried this at home and it appeared to be working after about 24 hours, but it rained. You need dry weather for it to work and we've been getting too much rain. The article warned about puttting it out if you had ducks or geese since they can't pass gas either and it could kill them. Soon as it gets dry, I'm going to try again. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Luther Drye View Post
    Don't know if this will help, but have had some success with it. Got this off the internet. If you liberally sprinkle instant grits on ant mounds it is supposed to kill them. Seems ants can't pass gas (have you ever heard one of them do so?) and when they consume the instant grits, they swell up and it kills them.Tried this at home and it appeared to be working after about 24 hours, but it rained. You need dry weather for it to work and we've been getting too much rain. The article warned about puttting it out if you had ducks or geese since they can't pass gas either and it could kill them. Soon as it gets dry, I'm going to try again. Good luck.
    On a similar note, I heard someone say the other day that mice/rats can't burp. So if you leave a little soda for them every night eventually it will kill them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast