Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

TX hb 1815: loaded gun in your car is legal now.

I just got my new ruger blackhawk, long time waiting the purchase for financial priorities. I have read pages and pages and pages of googleing and found that Texans are legally able to pack iron in the car. Cannot be in sight, hidden, and of course you are not legal if committing some serious crime or a gang-banger or felon. Loaded and ready to fire,.. glovebox, console, under the seat, just take your pick! I think mine stays locked in the tool-box on the pick-up bed with my travel-kit, but that is just my preference for theft prevention and I do not frequent any dangerous places.

I was suprised at the recent legal alteration, this was not legal long ago[law passed last year]. And I have decided to stop flipping-off offending drivers as I drive around our freindly DFW commute.

Safe at home, yes, but you are also safe in your service-truck [or car]. This is not ''concealed-carry-licence'' , just law for the average citezen. No permit/licence needed. I think this is a nice law.

T-S;
    Good choice! Got one of those a couple decades ago. It's my favorite. I mainly use 38's in mine, but it handles super hot 357's with ease. No other revolver can take extreme loads like a Blackhawk.

Dang, now you have me thinking about a 45 LC Blackhawk again! Been putting that one off for years.

In VA you can open carry a loaded gun in the car, as long as it is in plain site; on the dash or on the seat. As long as the officer can see it when he approaches your vehicle. I always put my hands on the windsield when I get pulled over and tell them the gun is on the seat, you make friends that way.

Quote Originally Posted by model m-man View Post
    T-S;
    Good choice! Got one of those a couple decades ago. It's my favorite. I mainly use 38's in mine, but it handles super hot 357's with ease. No other revolver can take extreme loads like a Blackhawk.

Dang, now you have me thinking about a 45 LC Blackhawk again! Been putting that one off for years.
    Thanks, the .45LC is what I got [had ammo already]. That transfer bar mechanism gives the hammer an odd feel, take some getting used to I guess from the old style. But I bought Ruger because that was highly recommended as a safe and reliable revolver. The only real complaint I have is the cheap plastic carry-case that it came in, I'll have to come-up with something else when it wears-out. [perhaps fit a holster in my back-pack/travel-kit]

Quote Originally Posted by Caveman1234 View Post
    In VA you can open carry a loaded gun in the car, as long as it is in plain site; on the dash or on the seat. As long as the officer can see it when he approaches your vehicle. I always put my hands on the windsield when I get pulled over and tell them the gun is on the seat, you make friends that way.
    I think Arizona has the same law, from my reading. Texas law has been badly screewed-up for a long time concerning handguns in vehicles. [could not unless ''travelling'' and that was near impossible to define] They just fixed the law last summer here so that it makes sense.

I do pretty much the same as you, I always put my hands on the wheel in plain-site when I'm pulled over[even with no gun]. The LEO's never know what they may be walking up to, I am sure they appreciate that sort of thing.

Ive thought about carrying one in my truck, but theres just no good place to put it really. Especially somewhere in plain site.

I have a 1911 5" model .45

Not really CCW but ,I found this interesting

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=3799475

Someone told me that some states are considering enacting laws to make it illegal to wear bullet proof vests while you're driving, because it's too hard to get a clear head shot.

Quote Originally Posted by midhvac View Post
    Someone told me that some states are considering enacting laws to make it illegal to wear bullet proof vests while you're driving, because it's too hard to get a clear head shot.
    It's already illegal in all fifty states if you're a felon. I'm not believing the story . It just doesn't sound right. But , I have been wrong once before.

concealed weapons

im from az and i have always carried a handgun i keep it in plain sight when im driving and hide it in my middle counsel when im not. heck i even gave the wife one to carry around in her truck and showed her how to use it you have to protect your self with all the idiots in the world people get robbed and shot every day and i dont want to be a statistic.well i carry a real nice gun its a colt light weight commander 38 super ammo is harder to find but i use the winchester silver tip hollow points great for stopping idiots that want to fack with me

Found this amusing...

ONE OF THE BEST COMEBACK LINES EVER!

Marine Corps General Reinwald was interviewed on the radio the other day and you'll love his reply to the lady who interviewed him concerning guns and children.

Regardless of how you feel about gun laws you gotta love this!!!! This is one of the best comeback lines of all time. It is a portion of a National Public Radio (NPR) interview between a female broadcaster and US Marine Corps General Reinwald who was about to sponsor a Boy Scout Troop visiting his military installation.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: So, General Reinwald, what things are you going to teach these young boys when they visit your base?

GENERAL REINWALD: We're going to teach them climbing, canoeing, archery, and shooting.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: Shooting! That's a bit irresponsible, isn't it?

GENERAL REINWALD: I don't see why, they'll be properly supervised on the rifle range.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: Don't you admit that this is a terribly dangerous activity to be teaching children?

GENERAL REINWALD: I don't see how. We will be teaching them proper rifle discipline before they even touch a firearm.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: But you're equipping them to become violent killers.

GENERAL REINWALD: Well, Ma'am, you're equipped to be a prostitute, but you're not one, are you?

The radio went silent and the interview ended. You gotta love the Marines!

AMERICA , THE HOME OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Thats funny

Get a chl, then you won't have to worry about it. On some sites I carry it in my toolbag, especially at nite. It's getting pretty dangerous around here now a days. Wed nite we left Laredo Tx around 9 PM heading for the valley, the only direct route was along the Mexico border, two lane road, dark and desolate for about 150 miles. Good ole SW 40 kept me company. Just imagine having a flat tire on the van at midnite a mile or so from the border. Like they told us in the Army, look out for #1 first, no matter what it takes.
    Last edited by Texas-Tech; 05-16-2008 at 09:23 AM.
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own

GENERAL REINWALD: Well, Ma'am, you're equipped to be a prostitute, but you're not one, are you?

ROFLMAO.

Excellent comeback.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast