+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Desigo Insight with two Ethernets

Post Likes

Desigo Insight with two Ethernets

We recently taken over a building with Desigo Insight. The computer communicates with controllers through BACnet/IP, everything is ok.

Now we have to connect BMS PC to office network, that's why we installed additional Ethernet card (to keep BMS and office Ethernet separated). Then after restart Desigo communication went offline. If this new network adapter is disabled - all communication is online again.
    We do have administrator access to Desigo, but I haven't found how to configurate which network card to use for communication (I assume it may automatically choose wrong network). Any advise?

Post Likes
    It could be the binding order of the NICs...

Make sure the network adapter that is for the BACnet/IP is at the top of the binding order: Go to Network Connections and choose "Advanced Settings" from the Advanced menu item. Select the adapter for the BACnet network and move it to the top of the list.

Post Likes
    Thanks, it helped!

Post Likes
    The other way would be to do it in Desigo.

In system configurator goto your management station and look at the communications. Look at the available connections (you probably have just the one) and select properties. Look at the IP properties and you will see that there is a tick in the "use default address" check box. Remove this tick and type in the IP address of the network card you want to use.

I had issues with this in the past with wireless network cards on my laptop deciding they were more important than the wired one. This will ensure it always uses that one IP address instead of looking around on your PC for any others.

Post Likes
    Yes, it also works. Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in