Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hmm Finding a Good Lawyer.

How dose one determine if a lawyer is good, prior to hiring him and letting him affect your case. I will be hiring a realist ate lawyer to write a demand letter to an escrow company.

There are several Lawyer forums.
    Not being a S. A. But would you ask a lawyer how to find a good HVAC guy?

Good to one of those lawyer forums and ask them questions.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

I, on the other hand would say...

Basically the same way you find a good hvac company. Ask friends, ask for references, and check with related associations.

Good - Lawyer

For some reason, I don't think those words belong together.....
    I came into this world with nothing, I still have most of it left....

Quote Originally Posted by countryhick View Post
    For some reason, I don't think those words belong together.....
    He didn't say good for what.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Are you looking for a good lawyer or a "GOOD" lawyer.

If you go on those sites the good lawyers list there schooling and credentials and all the "GOOD" ones just say Estate Planing

Real estate attorneys are the filter changers of the industry

Is what your looking for really going to be worth it?
    Have you ever sued somebody before?
    There is no justice in the system. It is really just a forced compromise and if you win your case that doesn't mean you will get the judgment It is just a piece of paper.

I bet an escrow company has more than one "GOOD" lawyer and a lot of money if your lucky. If they don't have any money what's the point.

A good atturdney would tell you your screwed but would be happy to take all your money anyway.

Good Luck Heater
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Good Lawyer

If the lawyer is not good, they end up as a politician.....
    I came into this world with nothing, I still have most of it left....

There are two types of lawyers a person should know. The first is the quiet amenable guy that can help with a person's more standard legal needs - wills, contracts, etc. The second type is the guy that's going to fly in, teeth bared, when there's a conflict going on.

To the OP, it sounds like there's a little conflict going on. Besides referalls and such, I'd go for the guy who acts like he's ten feet tall, ready and willing to squish the little bug lawyers on the opposing side. You want an a-hole, not to you, but for you

Quote Originally Posted by PikeyDawg View Post
    There are two types of lawyers a person should know. The first is the quiet amenable guy that can help with a person's more standard legal needs - wills, contracts, etc. The second type is the guy that's going to fly in, teeth bared, when there's a conflict going on.
    Yup, my lawyer has a complete A-Hole personality tucked away inside of him that I pay extra for when needed.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Just beaware, he will take his $1500 retainer, and then when you call him he will charge you for the phone call, or the fax, ect. Just becareful you know much much cost you will be facing. Plus try to get a stright answer if he can get you results.

Lawyers are the ONLY profession where you pay them, regardless of the results.

If you come to my home for a broken AC machine, you have to fix it, if not you tell me ill have to get someone else, and you wont get paid. It these lawyers will promise you the world and be confident in your case, till you lose, Or they will forget to add that the $1500 retainer was just for the preliminary work and then they will need another $2000 to go though with the rest of the process.

When I hired a lawyer for my divorce a few years back, I was telling some friends of mine who I had hired (females) ....they all had the same reply....

"Why would you ever hire that womanzing, chavenistic, piece of crap, pig of a man to be your lawyer?"

That's when I knew I had a good one
    I need a new signature.....

Lawyer being good ? Ya know why they wear neck ties don't ya ?

to keep his foreskin down
    You don't have to ASK

What I'm Against...

If you know what

I'm For...

Smile lawyer

Quote Originally Posted by heater99 View Post
    How dose one determine if a lawyer is good, prior to hiring him and letting him affect your case. I will be hiring a realist ate lawyer to write a demand letter to an escrow company.
    in our area (chicago) there is a group of lawyers that monitor complaintsand conduct of lawyers. I'm sure every large city has a like organization otherwise there would be anarchy among lawyers to do as they like without fear. And they (ours) have a referal service of quality pre-screened lawyers . , Jack

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast