Air Exchanges and Make Up Air

I was looking at the electric clothes drier in my basement last night and wondering, where does the air come from that makes up for the drier's vented air? A minute later I was working by the hole in the foundation that the lineset comes in, and I could feel the cool breeze. That answers that question.

The funny thing is, I've been caulking around windows and siding, checking doors and sealing cracks, doing everything to keep the conditioned air in and the outside air out, and in another thread:

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=170423

it was strongly suggested I need more air exchanges. OK, I can buy that. The question is, how?

Ideally, I would like my fresh air solution to:
    a.) Not negatively impact my energy bill, at least not much. A small amount is OK.
    b.) Be filtered air. Humidity is OK (see other thread), but outside allergens are not welcome.
    c.) Passive solutions are preferred, but I'll consider anything.

-HF

Is your house dry in the heating season. If it is, your house isn't that tight that it needs more fresh air.

If you want to control polutants in teh house. Then a ERV, or HRV should be considered.
    Neither of these will add or remove humidity. But they are filtered.
    A whole house dehumidifier won't add humidity in the winter. But can supply fresh air, and maintain a slight positive presre in the house, if the house leakage isn't too high.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?