+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Concealed Carry Permits

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
    I follow this stuff pretty closely, and I have never seen a case where a court held that refusal of consent constitutes reasonable suspicion.
    I have a degree in law enforcement and was a deputy for the sheriffs office for a little while. If an officer asks you if he can search your vehicle, and you say no, do you think he's going to say ok...off you go?

Try it sometime and see what happens...and see who the court believes, you or an officer of the court.

Post Likes
    and if an officer finds a gun that you don't declare, your teeth will be in the concrete.plain and simple

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    I have a degree in law enforcement and was a deputy for the sheriffs office for a little while. If an officer asks you if he can search your vehicle, and you say no, do you think he's going to say ok...off you go?
    I can tell you exactly what happens .... the officer goes onto his raging Power Trip as his Ego takes over .

Depends of the cop too . There are good cops , and then of course there are shady ones too .

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post

Try it sometime and see what happens...and see who the court believes, you or an officer of the court.
    Who the court believes as to what? Whether you gave consent? If an officer asks to search, and you decline, and the officer does not otherwise have reasonable suspicion or probable cause to seach but goes ahead and searches anyway, then that officer is a bad cop.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
    Who the court believes as to what? Whether you gave consent? If an officer asks to search, and you decline, and the officer does not otherwise have reasonable suspicion or probable cause to search but goes ahead and searches anyway, then that officer is a bad cop.
    I think the Patriot act covers a lot more than people realize.Meaning you can throw the probable cause law out the window.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in