+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Slackers!!!

Post Likes

Slackers!!!

Went to an emergency no-cooling call at one of my customers. while I'm up there I see this:

I check a little closer and find that the panel seems to have been removed by a tech and forgot to put it back.

I put it back together and could see it's been off the unit for a little while, don't know how long but, awhile.

The bad thing about all this is not only did the tech forget to put the panel back on the unit, it's another of my customers at this strip mall and it may have been one of our techs. None of us has been there since about the first of March by our records so, I'm not certain but I did report this to my supervisor.
    If it was one of us, someone's gonna get a chewin'. If it wasn't one of us I'm not sure what to do.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” —Albert Einstein

Post Likes
    ONE screw is usually enough

you're not trying to hold the universe together
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Post Likes
    why make your company look bad?
    Why tell your supervisor?
    why not go to the guy and let him know your unhappy?

As for the customer I would have told them the scrapper theives tried to break in and must have goten scared off
    then sell them a master lock for the disconect and maybe a low pressure alarm
    I remember my first day,It was fun!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dandyme View Post
    ONE screw is usually enough

you're not trying to hold the universe together
    I have to admit, on Trane Voyagers we usually only replace the bottom two screws in them panels. And they never fall off as long as you get two screws in there at least!

Post Likes
    Lots of fresh air in that store
    I r the king of the world!...or at least I get to stand on the roof and look down on the rest of yall

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by PaysonHVAC View Post
    I have to admit, on Trane Voyagers we usually only replace the bottom two screws in them panels. And they never fall off as long as you get two screws in there at least!
    With my employer, if there's a space for a screw there better be a screw in it, no ifs ands or buts, If the screw hole is stripped, put a bigger screw in it, if it can be fixed, fix it.
    I don't know who has been there from us, I just know we have been there at least at the first of March. Not knowing who was there last, report it to my supervisor to have him address this issue, I haven't been there since last December.
    If I knew who was there last, I'd call and talk, that's about it.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” —Albert Einstein

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by scottsacavsfan View Post
    why make your company look bad?
    Why tell your supervisor?
    why not go to the guy and let him know your unhappy?
    AGREED!!

Post Likes
    Everyone working on these type of units should have a cordless screw gun. Hell they make mini models now. I got my Skil 10v lithium on sale for $30. Fits right in the veto bag. Takes half a minute tops to install every screw in a panel. Anything less is simply being lazy.

Post Likes
    ok payson but from the school iam from it it has 6 you replace all 6 makes it harder for the meth heads to get er apart

Post Likes
    "report it to my supervisor"?!
    congrats dudley do-right
    why don't YOU find out was there and talk with them

DONT SNITCH

Post Likes
    Thats not how we do things around here. not necessary to speak to a supervisor about a door off. just put it back on and next time you see the guy talk to him. You will only be harming yourself in the long run by mentioning it to your super. And you won't get a raise out of it. Nothing worse than someone backdooring ya. Haven't you made mistakes. What would happen if you left a screw or two out?
    Learning is a lifelong process

Post Likes
    If it's a coworker tell him about it. If it's chronic that means it may end up affecting your paycheck and that ain't happening. Careless techs affect everybody.

I guess talk to the guy first.

Post Likes
    Turns out it was NOT a coworker. We have been having trouble with other people messing with equipment that is our responsibility at many of the sites we service. Several of OUR other techs have found where someone has been into the units we service at various customers and done something to make them misbehave. We verify this by the log sheets we keep in the units. Every one of our techs writes notes as to what was done, when and by whom so that all service techs in our company know what has happened and what has been done with any of the equipment we care for. There were no other notes written for this unit after the PM that was performed last March. That door could not have been off for 2 months without someone calling us for a repair because of all the water getting into the building from the RTU during rain.
    A lot of the time our techs have found that the persons who are messing with our equipment have taken the log sheets out of the units for some purpose. We don't know exactly why but, we know it is happening.
    We know this is going on and my report to my supervisor confirmed that someone is doing something at my site. The tech of ours who was here last had NOTHING to do with the door being off, something else is going on!

Post Likes
    You've got my curiosity going. What was wrong with the emergency no cool unit?

Post Likes
    Two emergency no-cool problems.
    First was the rear unit, the blower motor wasn't running when energized. I took the belt off and restarted it and the motor got up and ran. Checked the run cap and replaced it. Then the motor was running backwards so, I got a new motor to go with the new cap.
    Second was a slow moving blower, less than 50% of full load and the suction pressure indicated a boiling temp. well below 32 deg F. I closed the sheave and start it back up, check pressures and current draw, draw about 80% FLA and suction pressure came back up to 74-75 psig which is where the other one was operating. Head pressures didn't change too much from before to after.
    Last edited by william antley; 05-17-2008 at 08:09 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in