Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I have worked for a Stoelting Rep and went to Stoelting training at the plant in Keil Wisconsin. I still service Stoelting, Taylor, & Electro-Freeze (Duke). Stoeltings are good if you use the gravity feed models. The Ones that have a pump to fill the barrel are nightmares in the field. Mostly due to customer's not doing their due diligence and proper maintenance but what end user ever does??? Stoeltings are mostly gearbox driven and the gearbox is EXTREMELY expensive to replace when they fail. (Note I say WHEN not IF.) Electro-Freeze seem to be the simplest and most able to stand up to customer misuse and abuse. Taylors and Stoeltings are alright but over priced and over complicated. I have at least one Sonic franchisee who has sworn off both Taylor and Stoelting and will only buy the Electro Freeze from now on.

The only grand soft I have seen uses prepared ice cream that you load into vertical dispensing tubes with a piston on the bottom that is driven up by compressed air when activated. You have two systems to keep up with, the refrigeration system and the air compressor and pnuematic solenoids. Not sure I like that too much and the access to the workings down under the unit is a Be-Atch. I do NOT like that thing.

Electro-Freeze

Electro Freeze as well.

Electro Freeze. Yeah...Well, what was the final descision.

Quote Originally Posted by avlu View Post
    Electro Freeze. Yeah...Well, what was the final descision.
    This thread was almost 4 years old when it was dug up from the grave. Why, I don't know. The guy who started the thread posted once and hasn't been back since. I don't expect we'll ever know the answer. There should be a time limit on digging up and responding to old threads.
    With your chrome heart shining in the sun, long may you run.

what is the best soft serve machine for a mobil truck/trailer

Can you power a machine with like Honda generator? I have a hot dog business and thinking of adding softserve. Thanks

We have several customers that use generators to power soft serve machines. As long as the gereator is sized correctly it shouldn't be a problem.

Taylor Soft Serve Ice Cream Machines are the Best. These are best in Performance and extremely profitable than another. They give you one-year warranty. I know this is very expensive but that is because they are offering the best and highest quality brand also give you guarantee of replacement of the parts.

Quote Originally Posted by edenbisdee7215 View Post
    Taylor Soft Serve Ice Cream Machines are the Best. These are best in Performance and extremely profitable than another. They give you one-year warranty. I know this is very expensive but that is because they are offering the best and highest quality brand also give you guarantee of replacement of the parts.
    Thats funny.

the first soft dispensed tube ice cream by dennys in the early 90's was tested in my area. It was quite a contraption. Don't see how they could idiot proof it enough for actual deployment.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123