Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 14 to 26 of 37
  1. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Veterans Home Yaphank, NY
    Posts
    2,309
    Quote Originally Posted by nickellhead View Post
    All the rest of the restaraunts use Taylor
    Even "Carvel".
    RAM Teaching Tomorrows Technicians Today.

  2. #15
    I like electro freeze

  3. #16
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lower Arkansas
    Posts
    27
    Off the subject, but curiousity has me. Have any of you run into the machine that blows air (or some gas) into the almost frozen milk product at the time it is drawn? That stuff is NASTY!!! Gotta lotta nerve to call it soft serve!

  4. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Veterans Home Yaphank, NY
    Posts
    2,309
    Quote Originally Posted by leonmiller View Post
    Off the subject, but curiousity has me. Have any of you run into the machine that blows air (or some gas) into the almost frozen milk product at the time it is drawn? That stuff is NASTY!!! Gotta lotta nerve to call it soft serve!
    When "Tom Carvel" died new corprate people looked into it before going with Taylor. Decided it was garbage.
    RAM Teaching Tomorrows Technicians Today.

  5. #18
    Carvel just switched from Taylor to Electro Freeze. Sonic Drive ins, Old Country Buffets, among the larger chains with Electro Freeze.

  6. #19
    Having been in soft serve equipment for 24 years, I would strongly recommend visiting stands in your area, tasting products. The machine really does make a big difference. Also check the reputation of the Distributor you will be purchasing from. You will, whether you want to or not, have a relationship with that company. Good Luck.

  7. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Veterans Home Yaphank, NY
    Posts
    2,309
    Been awhile for me. I left just after TC died. Misrable old goat.
    RAM Teaching Tomorrows Technicians Today.

  8. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Frozen in UpState NY
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by nickellhead View Post
    When you say shell leak problem what specifically are you talking about
    The fact that Taylor uses a flooded chamber/evap system and the refrigerant is held back by nothing more then a rubber gasket.
    Gasket goes bad and the machines gonna need a new "shell-hopper" system.$$$$$
    You'll find the leak along the front wall inside the machine right in front of the expantion valves.
    I sent maybe 30 machines to the scrap yard last season because of this.

  9. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    cincinnati, ohio
    Posts
    258

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Baja ss View Post
    The fact that Taylor uses a flooded chamber/evap system and the refrigerant is held back by nothing more then a rubber gasket.
    Gasket goes bad and the machines gonna need a new "shell-hopper" system.$$$$$
    You'll find the leak along the front wall inside the machine right in front of the expantion valves.
    I sent maybe 30 machines to the scrap yard last season because of this.
    I have been working on taylor for awhile now and I have probably only condemmed about 4 or 5 machines for a leaky barrel but their all at least ten plus years old mainly model 8634's
    Knowledge comes with experience

  10. #23
    hello everyone 1st post...the shell problem how much is it to fix? i bought a couple used 754's and i just notice its a little rusted in the front shell..

    thanks

  11. #24
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lower Arkansas
    Posts
    27
    Last evaporator set I bought for 754 was around $750 and took 7 hours to replace! Waaaa too much work for me!

  12. #25
    electro freeze alot better than the taylor.i work on just about all the soft serves out there and electro freeze is about the best out there

  13. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NC
    Posts
    2,504
    Quote Originally Posted by refrigman454 View Post
    electro freeze alot better than the taylor.i work on just about all the soft serves out there and electro freeze is about the best out there
    Electro Freeze is the most complicated system to deal with....

    And the most expensive
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.


    If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

    If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event