Made in USA water heater?

I will soon be in need of a new 40 or 50 gallon natural draft tank type water heater. I would like one that is Made in the USA. Does anyone know if AO Smith, Rheem, Bradford White, or any other common brands are made in the USA? I have been to there websites but I haven't been able to figure out where they are manufactured yet.

Thanks.

Rheem is made in Mexico, and they make the tanks for many other brands.

Rheem, Kenmore, GE and Richmond (maybe more) are all made by Rheem.

Bradford White is made in the USA.

From what I could find out, some AO Smith/State/Kenmore ones are made in TN and some in Mexico. It really is not an easy task to find out where they come from. When I called a few supply houses to ask about it, I felt kind of wierd asking if they were American made. Most people didn't know and they had to do a little bit of work themselves to find out for me. I guess if I was trying to sell the things I would just go for whatever brand that I thought I could make the most money from just like everybody else does, but since it was going in my own home, I got myself a nice new American made Bradford white. Thanks for the tip kpsheets.

-ammoniadog

Thanks for looking for usa make products. There are not many people that take the time to look or check.

Duane

According to economists, it is unwise to "buy USA", as this causes imbalance in economic oppurtunity around the world. The right way t odo something is to buy the cheapest thing you can, as this inturn will raise third world living standards, to eventually mean an even playing field globally. Once that is accomplished, we can then compete on a global level as our workforce is more productive. BLAH BLAH BLAH, buy Bradford White.

Rheem Still has a water heater plant operating in Montgomery, Alabama.
    They turn out a huge number of tanks there and are a large employer of local folks. We also have a service contract with them so y'all help 'em out.

Bock

Bock is the cadillac of water heaters, and they are all made in Madison, Wisconsin.