Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Oh My Oh My Part 2

I only have a few more photo. Sorry, I did now the flue was backwards. 10 calls a day and you see this. Notice gas line last pic under the duct.

I just wonder how you kept from passing out from laughing so hard.
    "It's always controls"

OMG, this is just sad, one thing is in the attic where its out of sight but outside at the condensing unit is just messed up, no seal tight conduit. How can a homeowner allow someone to jack up their home like that, A homeowner does not know much about a/c equipment but they should be able to recognize when someone is doing a mickey mouse that will be an eyesoar.
    I will take a bullet for my Veto LC tool bag!

That eyesoar really took off.
    This space for rent.

Ouch

Wow, I mean just....WOW

There are no words. Done by a pro, hell no...This wasn't even done by a hack. This sucker was done by someone who never, ever even touched a piece of equipment before.

A damn shame is what it is, and now the HO has to absorb the cost of tearing out every inch of this mess and redoing it top to bottom.

My IQ just dropped for viewing this abortion.The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
    ain't got chit on this.
    Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by 4l530 View Post
    That eyesoar really took off.
    Zing!
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

At least it appears they used UV rated cable.

But that is a impressive display of how an install shouldn't be done.
    When you do a job, Always make it easier for the next guy, because you may be the next guy working on it.

Quote Originally Posted by gasoilair View Post
    Wow, I mean just....WOW

There are no words. Done by a pro, hell no...This wasn't even done by a hack. This sucker was done by someone who never, ever even touched a piece of equipment before.

A damn shame is what it is, and now the HO has to absorb the cost of tearing out every inch of this mess and redoing it top to bottom.
    I would almost think either the home owner did his own DIY or he had a friend do it. Surely, this can NOT be the work of a "professional" company he hired to do this work?
    True Heavy Metal Geek

WTF
    amazing what people will do when it comes to their homes. HOW COULD ANY SELF RESPECTING HOMEOWNER allow this to be done and pay for this. come on didn't they look at the other installs on their street and wonder why theirs looks like crap?? it seems that who ever installed this took the cheapest way they could . Shameful

by the way i wonder if they noticed the disconnect being a little to high or if the
    "installer" did a voltage drop calc on the ug cable

one more thing

what about the NEC
    if the ug cable has a ripe in it and it come in contact with the liquid line the whole unit could become electricaly live and well that could be ugly

Maybe the ug cable needs to get a split in it and come in contact with the liquid line. Blow a hole and kill the whole system and so someone can redo the work.
    I think the guy who did the work just figured out how to get out of that baby car seat that is in the pic above.

I have seen work of that caliber done by companies and your run of the mill hack.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast