I was blasting through a less than desirable neighbourhood late one night , i just installed the blower motor from Hell in a 130 degree rat infested attic and my skin was crawling , all of a sudden i see flames gushing from the hood of my 86 Astro van ! , i slam on the asbestos pads and jump out of the van open the hood and the alternator is on fire ! so i open the side door and my options are as follows
a) jug of 22 !
b) jug of 12 !
c) empty fire extinguisher !
d) coil cleaner !
e) acetylene !
f) empty nitrogen ( just my luck )
g) vac pump oil !
h) can of gasoline !
i grabbed the 22 and blasted the alternator , well hello phosgene cloud !
( pre montreal protocol )
fire was out in a second thank god !
The old girl started and i limped back to the crib ,
hell of a night