Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cool summer drinks

I am looking for new summer daytime drinks for sitting on the back deck at the beach. I concoct a bunch of different stuff now using a blender, fruit and whatever else is laying around, but am looking to change it up. We usually will have five to ten professional women aged thirty five to forty to entertain during daytime hours so it cannot be too harsh. The girls show up with snacks or whatever, and I play host during the day. Needless to say, "playing host" means I get to try the product and adjust as necessary prior to serving. My latest is a mixture of rose wine(cheap stuff) and Welch's grape juice, mix in a shallow pan and place in freezer in am. While consuming breakfast beers and reading the paper, mix every so often, until a slush develops, then serve in martini glasses.

Long Island Ice Teas are pretty good, 3 of um and you"ll be seein indians.
    " Kill a Commie for Mommy! "

- Colonel David Hackworth (1930-2005), Korean War Vet

Let me back up...This group has been there and done that. Summer share houses every year growing up, traveled around the us and europe, lived around the us in varying job capacities, etc. What I am really looking for is something different that you cannot buy in a bar/club/ resort. Something that you have created during a trial and error process, that is good tasting and contains some alcohol, just enoughto get these girls to forget they are accomplished professionals, yet not make them wish they never drink again. I spend about fourteen weekends a summer entertaining on saturday at the beach and just need some fresh ideas. the food side is easy with a grille.

Have you tried orange juice and champagne? Also a liquor like Yukon Jack and frozen lemonade ?
    You don't have to ASK

What I'm Against...

If you know what

I'm For...

Yeah, they drink oj and champ for breakfast

Vacuum pump oil and Jim Beam on the rocks...rocks!
    " Kill a Commie for Mommy! "

- Colonel David Hackworth (1930-2005), Korean War Vet

Homemade wine chilled, use local fruits or berries, but this takes time, maybe next summer.

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Long Island Ice Teas are pretty good, 3 of um and you"ll be seein indians.

they are dangerous....

very, very tasty but dangerous....

used to go to a shore bar 25 yrs ago that was VERY good at making them.

1/2 price happy hour sat afternoon then walking out into the daylight was nasty...

Have ya tried bushwhackers. rum, kahlua, creme de cocoa, creme of coconut, chocolate or vanilla ice cream,ice and a blender top with 151 rum great on a hot summer day
    EN VINO VERITUS

Beer was always a summer favorite for me... but I have a strange new liking for gin (strange because I NEVER drink liquor), so the gin and tonics may be flying around here this summer.

Rum runner
    1oz spiced rum (Sailor Jerry)
    1oz gin (gordon's)
    1oz banana liquer (21 bananas)
    1oz coconut rum (malibu)
    1oz blackberry brandy
    1oz baccardi white rum
    1oz rose's grenadine
    3oz orange juice
    3oz pineapple juice
    3oz cranberry juice

shake well
    serve over ice
    makes two drinks
    very sweet no liquor taste
    also known as panty remover

When my mother was alive she would always like a "girly coctail" when she went out. Three of her favorites were: Grasshopper, Brandy Alexander and Manhattans.

Manhattans are a family favorite. We always have a couple when my brother and sister and family get together. Good before a meal.

2 parts Crown Royal
    1 part sweet vermoth
    drop of bitters
    cherry garnish.

Mix first 3 ingridients in a metal cocktail shaker that is packed with Ice. Stir only NEVER shake a manhattan. When the outside of the shaker begins to sweat then it is ready. Serve in a very cold glass either on the rocks or straight up. With a cherry.

Adding a splash of oj or mango to a classic margarita (on the rocks) takes away the tartness and creates a sweeter drink. Use a mixture of salt and sugar on the rim. The mango will also give it a pinkish color.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast