Thread: Side air bags

Side air bags

Got a new service truck a couple of weeks go and it has passenger side airbags in the seats. They call me pigpen at work because I have a knack of getting dirtier working than anyone else. I swear I start out clean and pressed but by 8:05 I am a mess. I have to wear undershirts to work in so I can put on my uniform shirt to see the customers and look presentable. Anyways I am looking for seat covers and can't find any because you can't put them on over the airbags in the seat. Does anyone know of a company that makes seat covers for this application or should I just modify some to allow the airbag to deploy in the event of an accident.

Quote Originally Posted by mustardman View Post
    Got a new service truck a couple of weeks go and it has passenger side airbags in the seats. They call me pigpen at work because I have a knack of getting dirtier working than anyone else. I swear I start out clean and pressed but by 8:05 I am a mess. I have to wear undershirts to work in so I can put on my uniform shirt to see the customers and look presentable. Anyways I am looking for seat covers and can't find any because you can't put them on over the airbags in the seat. Does anyone know of a company that makes seat covers for this application or should I just modify some to allow the airbag to deploy in the event of an accident.
    Sure, they make seat covers with provisions for the side-airbags. Just Google "seat covers" side airbags . Here's a couple random links:

http://www.coverking.com/c_seatcoversairbags.html
    http://www.seatcoversdirect.com/#

Thanks Newman I was hoping to avoid ordering online but I think it appears to be my only option. Couldn't even get them through the dealership

There are definitely times I want covers for passenger-side airbags, too!

Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2.
    My competition are my best salespeople!