Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bosch or Milwaukee?

I've been looking at the small impact drivers and am trying to decide which one to get anybody have the Bosch and the Milwaukee? Which one would you say is best?

http://www.acetoolonline.com/Bosch-P...bos-ps40-2.htm

http://www.acetoolonline.com/Milwaukee-V12-s/8423.htm
    “Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily available, they will create their own." Scott Adams

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
    Albert Einstein

I just bought the non impact Bosch and the battery seems to last forever.
    I chose that partcular one because I dont do much tin just service and it fits in my pocket. Millwakee didn't list all of the specs out like Bosch.
    If you didn't do it right the first time it probably makes sense that your here asking the right way to do it now

I used to swear by milwaukee power tools but lately I have found them to be lacking in quality compared to five years ago. I haven't tried bosch but believe it or not been quite happy with my recent dewalt purches. 2x corded drills and an impact gun

Quote Originally Posted by hvacbear View Post
    I've been looking at the small impact drivers and am trying to decide which one to get anybody have the Bosch and the Milwaukee? Which one would you say is best?

http://www.acetoolonline.com/Bosch-P...bos-ps40-2.htm

http://www.acetoolonline.com/Milwaukee-V12-s/8423.htm
    I used to have Milwaukee impact driver, and I wasn't really satisfied with the performance , so I've exchanged it for Bosh. Bosh-is a little bit better than Milwaukee. As far as I know, Bosh is being manufactured in Germany, and it's a pioneer in manufacuring drills. I have the same impact driver manufactured by Bosh, that you were looking at, and I can tell you, that it wins in size(easy to carry, and gets to a very narrow places). But.....I've recently purchased Hilti Impact Driver -12v, and I can't stop to enjoy it (very powerfull, gets the job done, battery losts for a long time, I've tried it on a big installation jobs, and I wouldn't change it for another brand . So far it's the best on a market, but then again, it's my own opinion. By the way, the part number for Hilti, that's if you're interested- SID 121-A.

I have the 10.6 volt Bosch impactor and I love it for service work, but if I were doing installs I'd want something a little more powerful.

I think Bosch makes an 18 volt that takes the same batteries as their drill........if it's anything like it's little brother, I'd buy it without question.

Do any of the tiny impacts have variable speed.
    Electrician on the job yesterday kept loosing screws 35' up on a scaffold but he had the Makita. Looked good with 2 batteries a built in light and only 1 lb.
    He said he paid $100 and it has a 3 yr warranty
    These look really fast with no control though.
    http://www.makita.com/menu.php?pg=pr...&tag=TD020DSEW
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    Do any of the tiny impacts have variable speed.
    Electrician on the job yesterday kept loosing screws 35' up on a scaffold but he had the Makita. Looked good with 2 batteries a built in light and only 1 lb.
    He said he paid $100 and it has a 3 yr warranty
    These look really fast with no control though.
    http://www.makita.com/menu.php?pg=pr...&tag=TD020DSEW
    Most of the impact drivers don't have a variable speed, but Hilti. It has 2 speeds, when comparing to other brands, that have none. And the good thing, that it doesn't brake screws like other impact drivers. Very light, and very powerfull, ofcourse not as small as Bosh, but a lot better in use. If u're lookig for variable speed, I would suggest looking at normal drills. And, by the way, it has lifetime warranty, and u can get it with a second drill free, and a case for it!

Quote Originally Posted by bustawrench1 View Post
    I have the 10.6 volt Bosch impactor and I love it for service work, but if I were doing installs I'd want something a little more powerful.

I think Bosch makes an 18 volt that takes the same batteries as their drill........if it's anything like it's little brother, I'd buy it without question.
    Yes, I agree with u, that 10.6 volt Bosh Imactor, is more suited for a service work, and I wouldn't use it otherwise, but the funny thing is, that I did tried it on installs, and when u barely have any room to secure the plenum to the unit, it makes a big difference. Altough, like I said I'm happy with my Hilti, nevermind, that it is more expensive than other brands.

Using Hilti, saved me a lot of hastle, and problems. It was very pleasing, when I was driving screw through a metal, that was exceeding 14 gouge, in a very narrow space, and it still penetrated that metal, with no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by unforgiven View Post
    Most of the impact drivers don't have a variable speed, but Hilti. It has 2 speeds, when comparing to other brands, that have none. And the good thing, that it doesn't brake screws like other impact drivers. Very light, and very powerfull, ofcourse not as small as Bosh, but a lot better in use. If u're lookig for variable speed, I would suggest looking at normal drills. And, by the way, it has lifetime warranty, and u can get it with a second drill free, and a case for it!
    That Hilti looks like my Makita 18V lith impact driver. I love that size too. Mine has variable speed LED and belt clip.
    I was looking at one of these smaller impacts to fit in the tool bag
    and leave more space for my lunch
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

I know that Milwaukee corded tools are tough, but I was wondering with their cordless stuff. I guess my question was is the Milwaukee better because of the higher voltage and torque or if it is not too noticeable.
    “Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily available, they will create their own." Scott Adams

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by unforgiven View Post
    I used to have Milwaukee impact driver, and I wasn't really satisfied with the performance , so I've exchanged it for Bosh. Bosh-is a little bit better than Milwaukee. As far as I know, Bosh is being manufactured in Germany, and it's a pioneer in manufacuring drills. I have the same impact driver manufactured by Bosh, that you were looking at, and I can tell you, that it wins in size(easy to carry, and gets to a very narrow places). But.....I've recently purchased Hilti Impact Driver -12v, and I can't stop to enjoy it (very powerfull, gets the job done, battery losts for a long time, I've tried it on a big installation jobs, and I wouldn't change it for another brand . So far it's the best on a market, but then again, it's my own opinion. By the way, the part number for Hilti, that's if you're interested- SID 121-A.

I like Hilti they have good products. Too bad bosses look at the initial price

Albert Einstein

There is no comparison between the two you have selected the bosch is bay far the better tool. You should also note that you are comparing an impact driver with a non-impact driver.

I've got the 12v Milwaukee. I love it. It's not an impact driver, which is why I chose it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast