Scratch and dent Yorks for sale.

Yoo no payah yoo bill, I smasha yoo freekin air conditiona.

lol, slight vehicle damage.

This one still had gas in it.

Naturally, the one they missed is the one in the bushes that I get to work on.

any idea how those units got all smashed up?

Quote Originally Posted by breeze101 View Post
    any idea how those units got all smashed up?
    Drunk driver.

Little more to the right and it could have been really interesting, with the gas line opened up!

How much for the one in the middle. Good lawd thats a lot of money!

roofers are for some reason the worst morons I have to deal with,...on the other hand electricians are usually pretty professional

love the gas piping

I`m surprised they let `em put the ac units so close to the meters.

How far from the road or parking lot is this location,usually they make you put up bollards to protect gas line from something like this happening.
    I love overtime I just hate working for it.

Quote Originally Posted by hardluck View Post
    roofers are for some reason the worst morons I have to deal with,...on the other hand electricians are usually pretty professional
    Ran into a painter a while back who covered the outside unit on a 95-degree day to "protect" it. You can guess why the unit had to be replaced the next day.

He denied doing it. But there was paint all over the ground surrounding the unit and not a speck on the unit.

Quote Originally Posted by sirjames View Post
    I`m surprised they let `em put the ac units so close to the meters.

How far from the road or parking lot is this location,usually they make you put up bollards to protect gas line from something like this happening.
    That crazy install is a propane meter account installed by some drunk monkeys probably 20 years ago. Usually, the LP meter accounts are all seriously hack piped like this one, where the meters are all thrown together with 3/4" black pipe and sprinkled all over the side of the building. A gas utility would generally use the correct meter hangers and install they're stuff relatively straight and nice.

If I don't miss my guess, I believe directly on the OTHER side of those meters is a big 5 foot square transformer for the building power, lmao.

Not a bollard in sight, incidentally, and the whole mess is right on the edge of the parking lot. (I was standing next to my truck on asphalt when I took those pics.

Either someone got a nice fat tip on that permit, or there was no permit at all. (Considering the inspector in that town is a truck chaser, I can't see any other way this mess would pass.)

I had some like that long ago. It was at a real estate agency where a ticked off customer smashed all of their condensing units and managed to break the natural gas line feeding the entire strip mall, fortunately only the steel sleeve pipe broke, not the plastic liner pipe.
    I and a lead tech went to replace the condensing units and the gas company came out to repair the broken gas line.
    We vacated the premises while they worked. They had to work on the line LIVE, natural gas billowing up into the air all over the place while they're re-threading the stub of steel pipe to reattach the liner to the main meter, it was a high pressure gas line to boot.
    After they got through, we finished our install and called it a day.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” —Albert Einstein

Those poor yorkies.. Just trying to do their job and had to quit cause of some idiot with a bottle.. shame