hmmmm ... kinda nice find

Went for a walk tonight which I often do , for excersize and to get my mind off things. While walking down the trail I looked down and saw something shiny just off the side of the trail in the grass.

It is an i-pod nano with 4 gb . I can turn it on and see that it is loaded with a bunch of albums ...... nothing much I ever heard of old dity baster, mister bungle,halo benders, a bunch of atmoshere .... what ever those are. The thing looks totally loaded with albums

There are no headphones or charging cables , so Im gonna have to find some of those .

This thing looks like it does a lot , no pictures or nothing on it but it has a charge so I can scroll thru it a little. I have no clue if the sound works or how to do things but I have a friend that has one so I will contact him this weekend to see if he can show me how it really works. Im guessing I will get a car charger instead of a 110 cable and then I need a computor cable I guess.

The thing is a littl scatched up on the case but Im guessing thats becase it isnt in some kind of carrying case.

Ok so where is the best place to look for cables and chargers for this thing .... Best Buy, Walmart ?????? any ideas ???

Yup, almost every place has them cables you need. Unfortunately you'll also need to download I tunes (or it'll come on a disk when you buy the cable). It's not terribly user friendly, but it's not horrible either.

I'm not 100% sure how much the cables cost, but I'd bet for the computer cable, 110v charger, car charger, and ok head phones you'll be looking at less than $50. Pretty sweet deal considering the Ipod is probably a couple hundred at least.
    "If you call that hard work, a koala’s life would look heroic."

Lol, Old Dirty B*stard, that guy went to prison for awhile for Welfare fraud.
    Seems one of his videos showed him collecting a welfare check. The Feds came and got him.

Cables & accessories for that thing shouldn't be hard to find at all. Best Buy, Circuit City, even.....(gulp) Wal-Mart.
    I think you can charge that thing off the USB port on your computer, noy positive on that.
    This space for rent.

A lot of people loose those, but there,s a guy I heard about on the news today that developed a program that can find out who,s got yours once they go on to a computer and log on for music downloads.
    GO GREEN HEAT

Could've said it was "found" and got a reward instead of the music......could've been lost by a hottie.......or "Hans".
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

Thats one of the test units they're trying out the locating sofware on.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

If the owner registered it then you would be able to return it to them. If it's unregistered, you now have an ipod.
    R2B4BTU

Red face ipod

hey DEC , you need a copy of the cd that comes with the unit , you register it using that cd , then everything u do originates from it . I use mine for books on tape for my long bicycle rides at night. You don't have to download their music for$$$$ , you get cds from your local library and 'import' them to your ipod. I put a giant Stephen King book , about 12 cds , for hours of fun on my long rides and it barely scratched the surface of the hard drive capacity. Thats the good news , the bad news is you can only operate that unit with the software and registration information , otherwise it's pretty useless. Thats all i know about ipods , i'm sure there's more info on this vast database of ours. Regards , Jack

Talking ipod#2

I woulden't buy headphones or chargers or anything until you can access the unit with software , and yes you charge them with a ubs port on your comp. , Jack
    Last edited by rojacman; 05-09-2008 at 11:26 AM. Reason: forgot to add a statement