Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A virgin no longer.

It was always one of my desires to be able to do fine carpentry. Jack Spotts and others on here are wood worker hobbists.

Our company always needed a conference table. All the standard size tables are either too big or too small and gadaweful expensive. So now that I am retired I decided to give it a whurl. Came out not too bad (for a pipefitter ) and I learned a lot.

Looks very nice. I work with wood also. I had to butcher a whole bunch of wood before things started looking better.

The New Yankee Workshop on PBS helped a lot. I made my kitchen cabinets a few years ago.

Another perk is you get to buy tools.

What's the center inlay made of?
    Tracers work both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    What's the center inlay made of?
    It is indoor/outdoor carpet. I stole the design from the the table in the conf. room at our Town Hall.

Very nice!

I enjoy woodworking, my lifestyle just doesn't have time for it right now. Maybe someday when I get as old as you.

Get busy on the chairs, those don't match the nice table!!!
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

That looks really nice, especially for your first. If I ever find the time, I want to try and get into woodworking as a hobby.

Smile table

hey bencool thats beautiful work , if u lived near me (chicago) i'd commision you to do the same for me. I'm a retired fitter also , whats work and the union like there , if you were union or not , did it make a difference? Journeymen here now get $40.00 per on the check . Right now my stepson is very busy as a fitter. It's common to make 75k plus these days. Jack

Very Nice!

The boys in the shop didn't mind you getting wood shavings and dust all over their tools and gauges, did they?
    Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2’.
    My competition are my best salespeople!

very sharp looking table! This is a pic of a toybox I made for my youngest son "Noah".

It's nice going out to the shop and not thinking about anything else but the task at hand. You cant even do that at work sometimes and your getting paid for it.

Sometimes the kids want to come out and help. You find some little something they can do and you watch with pride as they take interest in what your doing.

The wife only come out to tell you dinner is done,,,,,,,, Man I gotta get my wood shop cleaned out to start on something else. I think me and my oldest (10) are gonna work on a canoe soon I hope.
    Great looking table.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Bravo Zulu, Jerry.
    R2B4BTU

That's some really nice intarsia work, Dockterp! I made one of my dog recently.... had nothing better to do for a weekend...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by nightranger121 View Post
    That's some really nice intarsia work, Dockterp! I made one of my dog recently.... had nothing better to do for a weekend...
    Just guessing here is that walnut, oak and basswood? Looks good. Is that "your" dog or a general pattern of your type of dog?

The reason I ask is I once had a program that you could take a portrait and make a patern for scroll sawing out of it. I did a family portrait once that turned out pretty cool.
    That would be cool to find a way to make an intarsia pattern from a pic of your house or animals or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by nightranger121 View Post
    Pit Bull or Boxer? Either way nice work, very cool

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast