+ Reply to Thread

Thread: From Congresman Steve Isreal

Post Likes

Thumbs up From Congresman Steve Isreal

Dear Friends:

I am writing to invite you to a special briefing on Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy funding with Congressman David Obey. The briefing will take place at Farmingdale University’s Institute for Research and Technology Transfer on Tuesday May 13th at 10:30 am.

As the chairman of the House Appropriations Committee, Congressman Obey makes funding decisions on every discretionary program in the federal budget. Under his leadership, I was able to help secure a significant amount of funding for the Department of Energy for the research and development of new technologies that can help our nation decrease its dependence on foreign oil, revitalize our environment, and spur our economy. Congressman Obey is looking forward to hearing more about the many exciting programs that Long Island’s energy community has to offer and giving an overview of the federal appropriations process.

As Long Island continues to strive to become a leader in advanced energy, it is important that the federal government continue to work with local universities, businesses, and concerned citizens. I look forward to seeing you on May 13th as we learn how to improve these relationships and move our country towards a greener, safer, more secure future. If you are able to attend please RSVP to Jennifer Pastrich at (631) 951-2210 or via email at Jennifer.Pastrich@mail.house.gov as soon as possible.

Sincerely,

Steve Israel

Member of Congress
    RAM Teaching Tomorrows Technicians Today.

Post Likes
    Why don't you ask him what they're doing about the Energy Efficient remodel tax credits? Somewhere around 48% of US Energy consumption is building load, and I'd say the vast majority of that is Heating and Cooling. Right now there are no federal incentives for homeowners to improve the efficiency of their houses.

Post Likes
    good point. i saw something about lobbying to change the depriciation rules for HVAC equipment since it doesnt last the life of the building. makes a lot of sense when you think about it and would be a *BIG* incentive for business to replace old units.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in