+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Loytec LS-33300CB

Post Likes

Loytec LS-33300CB

I have a new building with 3 floors. If I have one panel where all my LON home runs come back to can I use the LS-33300CB to allow the devices on each floor to communicate with each other?

I would have a central panel (home run panel) with a pull going to the first floor. Another pull originating in the central panel to the 2nd floor and the same for the third. The floors will be done in stages and upfits will be done as needed by tenants. I don't want to pull the entire building as a shell. I will need to communicate from each floor from the LNS based front end iLon and floor to floor for things like outdoor air temp and fire alarms shutdowns.

I would also leave it set to XP mode where it would learn the segments and build its routing tables on its own.

I hope my question is clear. Thanks for the help.

Post Likes
    Yes it should work fine but I'd suggest using and LIP router and a LINX server and not an Ilon. Use an IP channel as a backbone rather than FT-10
    Get a LINX100/101/120/121 put it on an IP channel. You can use the RNI in the LINX for a nic.
    Communication between channels will be much improved.
    I posted something a little while back from a guy from Schneider Electric comparing communication speeds using the Loytec NICs over Echelons. Much faster.
    (Found It)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLNBv6tEDXg
    I'd also recommend Circon's LNS tool over Lonmaker.

Loytec just released a new version of the LINX configurator today and now you can view trend graphs from the WEB UI.
    Very nice addition.
    call Loytec Americas and talk to Fred or Daryl

Post Likes
    381 thank you very much. I have to use the iLON. This is a customer requirement and they won't give, I've tried before. I actually don't even have access to the iLON, we just provide and install it. I'm glad to hear that should work. I've used the Loytec FT-10 2 port version and placed it in the middle of the trunk but I've never had 3 pulls like I want to do here.

I'm also using Lonwatcher 3 from Distech since all my controllers are ECL Distech controllers. Is the Circon LNS tool free? Is it better than Lonwatcher?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sycontrol View Post
    381 thank you very much. I have to use the iLON. This is a customer requirement and they won't give, I've tried before. I actually don't even have access to the iLON, we just provide and install it. I'm glad to hear that should work. I've used the Loytec FT-10 2 port version and placed it in the middle of the trunk but I've never had 3 pulls like I want to do here.

I'm also using Lonwatcher 3 from Distech since all my controllers are ECL Distech controllers. Is the Circon LNS tool free? Is it better than Lonwatcher?
    Circon tool is not free but I believe it is considerably less than others.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in