Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by vaioman View Post
    you're absolutely right.

guys, is there any online course to study ASHRAE heat load calculation?
    Yes, but ASHRAE will probably be confusing at first take an ACCA manual "N" course for the basics.

What is your back ground?
    Are you an engineer?
    Do you have a AAS degree in HVAC?
    Once you answer these questions I can help you a little more.
    “Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily available, they will create their own." Scott Adams

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by hvacbear View Post
    Yes, but ASHRAE will probably be confusing at first take an ACCA manual "N" course for the basics.

What is your back ground?
    Are you an engineer?
    Do you have a AAS degree in HVAC?
    Once you answer these questions I can help you a little more.
    i've been designing Airconditioning system for almost 10years....my problem is i only do cooling load since there's no winter season in our country.

i'm mechanical engineer with licensed in our country.

i dont have problem with the cooling load, my problem is where i would start to learn how to do HEAT load computation.

thanks

i've been designing Airconditioning system for almost 10years....my problem is i only do cooling load since there's no winter season in our country.

i'm mechanical engineer with licensed in our country.

i dont have problem with the cooling load, my problem is where i would start to learn how to do HEAT load computation.

thanks
    No need to yell I understand.
    Check these out:

http://www.ashrae.org/education/page/1471
    http://www.ashrae.org/education/page/1472
    “Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily available, they will create their own." Scott Adams

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
    Albert Einstein

thanks hvacbear.....

waiting for my 2books

another question, theres a lot of system that can used in cooling any area/space (using chilled water system, condense water system, split type, combination of chilled/condense water, etc)....

how about in heating a building or commercial area, what are the heating system source NORMALLY use base on reliability and low in cost?

PS. i guess in apartments or house its not too complicated to select a system.....furnace+baseboard or radiant heat or package AC unit (?)

thanks and appreciated your input.

bump.....

thanks hvacbear.....

waiting for my 2books

another question, theres a lot of system that can used in cooling any area/space (using chilled water system, condense water system, split type, combination of chilled/condense water, etc)....

how about in heating a building or commercial area, what are the heating system source NORMALLY use base on reliability and low in cost?

PS. i guess in apartments or house its not too complicated to select a system.....furnace+baseboard or radiant heat or package AC unit (?)

thanks and appreciated your input.
    There are several types of heating equipment available.

For residential the most common are electric heat, heat pumps (reverse cycle A/C), gas furnace, oil furnace and residential boilers.

Commercially there are all of the above plus larger boilers and furnaces. A lot of larger buildings have hot water systems, but there are lots of new developments in heat pumps and other high efficiency systems. Steam is also common depending on where you are.

Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by hvacbear View Post
    There are several types of heating equipment available.

For residential the most common are electric heat, heat pumps (reverse cycle A/C), gas furnace, oil furnace and residential boilers.

Commercially there are all of the above plus larger boilers and furnaces. A lot of larger buildings have hot water systems, but there are lots of new developments in heat pumps and other high efficiency systems. Steam is also common depending on where you are.
    thanks hvacbear. the book you advise is very helpful....anyway i have few question after reading it.

for building (offices), is this the common system they use?..... Boiler (hot water generator) + chiller (aircooled or watercooled?) + 2pumps (1for hotwater & the other one is for chiller) + terminal unit (either AHU, baseboard, etc etc)

for heating terminal unit use in offices (NY), what are commonly use? ducted type for cooling and for heating?, individual Package unit (includes cooling and heating),.....

What is a TR ?

To answer your questions:

Heating load is concerned with the heat which escapes the structure and moves into the ambient enviroment.

Cooling load is concerned with the heat entering the structure from the ambient enviroment.

As the conditions of each can be markedly different - each has to be calculated independently of the other. The only constants would be the insulation values for the structure.

The the cooling equipment chosen much be adequate to the job of removing all unwanted heat during worse-case conditions.

And the heating equipment chosen must be adequate to add all of the heat necessary to maintain comfort levels inside the structure during worst-case conditions.

What is it that you are trying to do?
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    To answer your questions:

What is it that you are trying to do?
    i just want to study how to do heating load calculation and do equipment selection for combination of heating/cooling requirements.

after reading the book from ASHRAE, cooling load calculation is more harder compare to do heating load cal. In heating load calculation, you dont need to consider radiation from the sun, people and equipment load (compare to cooling load calculation.

for FCU chilled water requirement i normally use 6.5 ~ 12C (5.5 delta T).... for hot water requirement of FCU during cold season whats the delta T normally use? or whats the supply hot water temp?

thanks guys!

Vaioman.

I too would like to know what the abbreviation "TR" means.

Also what country are you from?

It may be easier to cover up your mistakes when figuring a heat load. But if you screw up you can cost your customer a lot of money in energy operating cost.

Can cost the customer a lot in operating cost, and installation cost.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by benncool View Post
    Vaioman.

I too would like to know what the abbreviation "TR" means.

Also what country are you from?

It may be easier to cover up your mistakes when figuring a heat load. But if you screw up you can cost your customer a lot of money in energy operating cost.
    TR : Tons of Refrigeration

i'm residing now at Long Is. NY...

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Can cost the customer a lot in operating cost, and installation cost.
    i know that's why i'm studying this heating load cal and equipment selection (heating/cooling)

just so you know, i've been designing (for cooling) and building 1,050 Tons capacity project last year in my country, it's just i'm not familiar with heating system that's why i'm reading lots of handouts....i know what will be the effect in cost if i fuc ked up big time with the design....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12