Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: trane troubles

Quote Originally Posted by kw10925 View Post
    I told him but still sends me on my own
    I ask to go with someone but doestnt
    says i should know it after going to different class
    this not the say as ojt
    sorry for ya.I know it can be intimidating working on something you don't understand.It is for me

Quote Originally Posted by 21degrees View Post
    The only reason why I only do sub cooling and not super heat is because my time is a little more valuable than yours. Hope you like my answer.
    The most important thing I am worried about is that I Try and achieve close to 20 * delta T without going to much over and freezing coil. Super heat is for turtles. I wear running shoes.

I would be banned for typing what I really think about the crap you have posted in this thread.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

Talking your correct

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Those temp and pressures you used as an example would be right on for 13 seer and above r-22 equip.

What?

R22 at 280PSI has a saturation temp of 125*F. What 13 SEER unit runs that high of a head.

Even the old 35* over OD ambient would run a lower head pressure then that.
    Yeah, I had it backwards. Would be high head for r-22 13seer and above. Technically even 10 seer R-22. Would be ok for 410-A. Would come about to 10f above ambient on 410-A.

lmafao

The only reason why I only do sub cooling and not super heat is because my time is a little more valuable than yours.

I feel sorry for you. superheat is still relevant. superheat is just as easy as subcooling. subtract your coil saturation temp from your suction line temp. = superheat. subtract your liquid line temp from your highside temp on your gauges = subcooling.

lmfao ! I also feel sorry for you if you have to use a slide ruler to do subtraction. I'm just being honest here. I know your not the only one who uses those, but I don't understand why guys use them. I know you can do ohm's law right ? E=I R E/R =I or E/I=R If you can do that why can't you subtract ? This is really harsh. I'm just saying this because guys here are trying to help you, and you become antagonistic. I didn't have anyone to help me, and if I did I'd have been buying their lunch. Keep a good attitude, and you can learn a lot here. Were talking 101 here bubba, it gets a lot thicker. For your info I only have 2years in field with 1yr schooling. I still have a lot to learn my self.
    Last edited by okctech; 05-10-2008 at 02:55 AM. Reason: one too many beers on a fri night

Quote Originally Posted by jrbenny View Post

I would be banned for typing what I really think about the crap you have posted in this thread.
    LMAO JR. benny hes just trying to catch up to beachtech

you must love what you write

JR you must love typing because you type alot and nothing is said. Do be so critical of others because if you were so perfect you would not be waisting your time on here. As far as crap just smell your own breath.

Do it right the first time.

Yah OKay, how old are you.

Don't feel sorry for me because I would never feel sorry for you. If I need help I'm a big boy and can ask for help. my way works aswell and saves me time. I do listen to people but when someone gets ignorant to me, I will give it back.
    [QUOTE=okctech;1855796]The only reason why I only do sub cooling and not super heat is because my time is a little more valuable than yours.

my last reply

This is my last post on this thread, because this in no longer technical. That being said. Why did you quote what I quoted you saying from my post ? That makes it appear as if I said that. Good luck !

Justin
    Last edited by okctech; 05-12-2008 at 06:39 PM. Reason: cuz I can ...

JR you must love typing because you type alot and nothing is said. Do be so critical of others because if you were so perfect you would not be waisting your time on here. As far as crap just smell your own breath.
    Oh, wise one. Please enlighten me. I am so stupid that I take readings on both sides of a refrigerant circuit when charging. Oh wise and gracious master technician, please share your great wisdom. I long to be such a great technician that I would only need to measure half the system.

21 degrees, if you were having issues with a system and were diagnosing it, would you not take ALL of the readings to determine if you had an issue? Subcooling and TD are fine if you are on a checkup(personally I would take the extra 30 seconds to strap on the 2nd sensor on my dual thermometer but to each his own) but if you have a 10 degree TD and subcooling looks ok, are you not going to take the rest of your measurements to determine the problem?
    You can't fix stupid

The only reason why I only do sub cooling and not super heat is because my time is a little more valuable than yours. Hope you like my answer.
    The most important thing I am worried about is that I Try and achieve close to 20 * delta T without going to much over and freezing coil. Super heat is for turtles. I wear running shoes.
    this little paragraph of yours is a prominent display of your ignorance of the refrigerant circuit.

You are a hack by your own words.

Angry Yah okay

this little paragraph of yours is a prominent display of your ignorance of the refrigerant circuit.

You are a hack by your own words.
    You know if you talk to yourself you might get better results. hacks only call other people hacks. Lets post pictures and see who is a hack.

So you don't take important diagnostic readings because you are in to much of a hurry?
    You try to achieve a 20 td through the indoor coil based on what?
    Do you actually take the airflow readings, return air DB and WB readings, and do the calculations to determine that the 20 td is appropriate? Or is it just a number you picked for all conditions?

Personally, I always check SH and SC, but with the instruments I have, it literally adds no extra time. You have a very incomplete idea of what is going on inside the system if you only look at one or the other.

The only time I even bother with checking the TD across an evaporator coil is if I'm checking the change in enthalpy, as part of calculating the delivered BTUH of cooling.
    Otherwise it isn't an overly useful reading, since the td across the coil is entirely dependent on the entering air conditions, the quantity of air, and how many sensible and latent BTU's are being removed from it.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast